It was only when the cars slowed and turned towards the black iron gates with eight foot stone brick walls where two suited men stood with their hands tightly clasped with zero emotional expression near the gates. That was when I realized this must have been the location of the Salvatorini villa, though it didn't fit what I remembered about Riccardo and Generva, they were both more classical in nature and heavily influenced by the old traditions, originally living in a house just outside the city, not a home that seemed to go on forever with beautiful thick gardens filled with all kinds of bright colourful flowers, and bougainvillea growing everywhere along the stone walls, and definitely not what I'd expected from the Boss of the Familia.

Maybe I was just not a good judge of character.

Upon being cleared the cars turned up a stone driveway each one polished and placed with the whitish grey home with black roman brick lining the bottom of the mix of Italian and French architecture making the house seem like a palace more then a home. Even the stately homes of the old generation of mafioso's didn't have homes this large. If anything this was the center of power for the Salvatorini family, sure they had a main building in Genoa which was a cover for their business practices but everyone knew that the Familia ran out of the original family home. It was the same everywhere.

Pulling up along the driveway and around the corner of the spaced trees, allowing me to pick out at least a dozen black luxury cars all likely belonging to the owner. Which was another thing, all of them were new not used like the original Boss of the Familia had owned.

Was this not the family home, and if not whose home was this.

The cars parked and our drivers opened the doors for us letting all six of us out. My brothers were both slightly unsettled upon seeing all this and who wouldn't, my earlier thought about this home belonging to nobility wasn't wrong. Too much was so expensive appearing, like it had been made to make anyone who entered understand the owner had influence, and power.

Looking around the property I noticed various cameras and the several security guards likely well trusted soldiers all with guns just under their jackets, made me all the more curious about who owned this home. Though in the back of my mind I had an idea and I didn't want to admit it to myself.

We were all left to stand outside of the white palatial estate and I had an increasingly rising suspicion that this entire property that took my family two whole minutes to drive up to, belonged to the boss of the Salvatorini Familia.

When the doors opened a man dressed in a white tucked in button up with his sleeves fastened together with silver buttons and a very clean cut mustache aside from the short almost unnoticeable stubble, walked out onto the front steps that only showcased how big the home was, and immediately my parents gave him a polite head bow which we all followed in suit to the man before us.

"Consigliere," my father acknowledged, and I remembered that position was dictated by age, so this must have been Matteo who was the closest brother to Alessio even if he was the second youngest son.

"Lorenzo," Matteo says in a cheery voice though Matteo's reputation proceeded him, he was hiding a dark side that we all could practically feel rolling off of him. It also showed just who he was by calling my father by his name then his position. My family was under him for power and by how much I wasn't willing to indulge further thought in.

We were all beneath the Salvatorini Familia, nothing could change that.

Though my sister seemed quite impressed by the man before us, though I could see why Matteo was handsome by all angles of the words meaning but that was expected the entire Salvatorini Family was renowned for being stunning in appearance.