Chapter 22: The Shape of Love

Start from the beginning

"So this means you'll work at the tavern tonight?" Meliodas asked. "I said maybe." Merlin said. "Do you honestly expect me to become one of your bar's poster girls? Isn't Y/n, Diane and Elizabeth enough?"

Meliodas laughed nervously and scratched his cheek. "So I guess that's a no then." Meliodas said. "Captain." Gowther said, they hadn't even noticed he was there. They both turned to their side and saw Gowther in a tavern uniform Y/n had made for him, at his request. "Oh, you're wearing the uniform I made for you, you look really good." Y/n said and gave him a smile. "You could let him waiter, since Merlin said no." "No." Meliodas said. "Don't think that would bring in more customers." "Fine, I'll do it." Merlin sighed. "But only after you've done a little something for me."

_

Meliodas, Y/n stood and snooped at Gill, Griamore and Howzer. They saw Griamore and Gil walk towards Howzers home to meet him.

They had been instructed to keep a watch on Gilthunder and stop whoever is stalking him. They had to do this while not being detected

Y/n could hear a distant grunt and cracking bones coming from Howzer presumably. "Oh, yeah. Another beautiful day in this wonderful-" he got cut of by something hitting him. "Gah! My head!" He screamed. "You're keeping the young masters waiting with your 'another beautiful day.'" An older voice said, maybe Howzers parent. "You idiot." "That really hurt dad!" Howzer said. "Now stop lollygagging." His Father said. "Go help repair the town like a man." "Yeah, yeah. I'm going. I'm going." Howzer said.

"Well, then, we'll be off." Griamore said. "Be sure to stop by and visit again soon." Howzers father spoke. "We will." Gil chuckled. "What's with him anyway?" Howzer said. It sounded like they were getting closer. "It's been ages since I've seen your father." Gil said. "Guess he hasn't changed too much." "And it looks like you're still no match for your old man, are you?" Griamore said and laughed as they walked by the alley Y/n, Gowther and Meliodas stood.

"We have eyes on the target." Gowther said. "All right." Meliodas said. "Let's not lose them." Y/n said and teleported them to an alleyway in the direction the guys were going. They watched a conversation they guys had but she didn't focus too much on it. "Looks like a roof tile is falling." Gowther said. He was correct, but before it could hit anyone y/n used telekinesis.

"Where did that come from?!" Howzer said and jumped in sulfide when it landed right beside him. "That shingle must have fallen down from the roof. We were lucky that it missed you." Gil said. "Karma is getting really close, that's what you get for messing with Gil." Griamore laughed. "But I must say, you and Margret really do make for a lovely couple." "Come on. Don't you get started, too." Gil said and blushed lightly.

Griamore laughed and Y/n once again used telekinesis as a stone slab almost hit Griamore. "Gah!" He said and flinched in surprise, making Howzer laugh. "That's really odd..." Meliodas mumbled. "Mhm." Y/n agreed.

"You both are very lucky in the unlucky, huh?" Gil said and laughed nervously. "But seriously, where is all that coming from?" He looked up but saw nothing. "No idea, but it's a little scary." Howzer said. "I've already gotten a headache."

"I was fleeting, but I sensed magic being activated. And not by Y/n." Gowther said. "That does explain it. Must be someone that can turn invisible too." Y/n said, they teleported to get them to a closer alleyway.

"Today's off to an interesting start, isn't it?" Gil said. "The weather today must be falling bricks and roofs." Howzer said and in anger kicked a plebe, the blend flew up but then bounced back on something invisible. "Come on, let's just get this cleanup over with, you guys." Howzer said.

Suddenly the metal sign for a shop fell down. "Watch out Howzer!" Gil said and jumped at the man to take the blow. Before y/n could use telekinesis something else stopped the sign and made it float down peacefully to the ground. "Is it just me, or did that sign avoid hitting you on its own?" Griamore said and Howzer stared at the sign, perplexed. "Did you do that?" Gil asked. "No, wasn't it you?" Howzer said, confused.