Chapter 7: The fearesome pursuer.

__

Y/n ran between crystals and tried her best to follow the spirit in front of her. "Mom! Come back!" She begged as she ran.

She had run for a while until she got tired she sat down to take a breather. Trying her best not to cry as she lost her mother. "I-I'm sorry..." Y/n said meekly and put her head to the ground in defeat. "Sorry about what? My child?" A familiar voice said. Y/n's eyes widened and looked up. "Mom?" She said and blinked fast to make sure it wasn't her head pulling tricks. "Mom!" She said and hugged M/n, who hugged back. 

M/n pulled away and put a hand on Y/n's cheek. "Look how much you have grown, my little girl." M/n said. "I-I'm sorry!" Y/n begged, her eyes started to water up. "I-I am so sorry that I couldn't protect them, that I couldn't protect you." "You have nothing to say sorry for, my child." M/n said with a smile. "You keep our legacy up by your survival, you are stronger than I could ever imagine. You could unlock all your magic easily, you just need to believe in yourself." "But it's hard, I feel so guilty..." Y/n said and looked down in embarrassment. "You need to let go of the guilt. Only in that way, will you be free." M/n said.

Suddenly there was an explosion. "It sounds like your friends need help." "But I can't leave yo-" Y/n got cut of when she realized her mom was gone. Y/n stood there for a while... then she smiled. "Thank you... mother." She said and then looked back at where the explosion was. And then suddenly she was there... 'did I teleport?' She thought. Maybe her mother was right, if she let go of her guilt she could unlock her full potential.

"Ah, the Vice Grand Master, I have heard so much about you." A girl with black hair said. "I'm not quite sure if you live up to the rumors however."

"How did you get here?" Meliodas asked. "You just appeared out of nowhere?" "I teleported." Y/n said simply. She gave Meliodas a determined nod and looked back at the Knight. "And who are you supposed to be?" "I am Guila, a holy knight." Guila said. "Go figure." Y/n said. "Not obvious at all." The sarcasm in her tone was very clear. "Getting sassy now are we..." Guila said. Y/n felt something by her back and she teleported just in time, as an explosion happened right behind her. She did feel some of the impact on her back but she was mostly fine.

Suddenly there was an other explosion, a really big one. Meliodas flew right into a crystal wall. Right after came Diane who landed on Meliodas and lastly was Y/n who leaned on the giants stomach. "Huh, that broke the fall quite a bit." Y/n said and jumped of Diane. She then noticed Meliodas managed to hold up Diane and he wasn't crushed at all. "Captian!" Diane said. "You're heavy!" Meliodas said "Thats so mean! How could you say that to a girl!" Diane said. "Look, now's not the time for this. That Guila girl is coming." Y/n said and looked over at the knight who got closer.

"Diane the Serpent Sin." Guila said as she got closer and closer, every step she took echoed on the crystals around. "Endowed with possibly the greatest physical strength of the Sins. As a Giant, a close bond with the earth, and manifesting the magical ability of 'Creation.' I'd been looking forward to seeing it in person." Diane stood up and looked at the small human before her. "And? What do you think?" Diane asked and got into fighting position. "Frankly, a bit disappointed." Guila said. "It didn't quite live up to what I'd heard in the stories." "Then let's see how you liked this!" Diane said and clashed her fists together to make a formation of a creation spell.

She touched the ground and under Guila there was something that made her sink. "It's Sand Whirl!" She said "we can also take minerals and turn them into sand. Just a little FYI." "Oh, I see. Most informative." Guila said, she sunk and then used an explosion to push herself out and into the air. Diane picked up a crystal and threw it at Guila but the Knight used her sword to make the crystal explode. The force of it made Diane fly back and hit a giant crystal right in the head.