Chapter 33

Muichiro's POV

The silence during dinner with Yuichiro was loud. It was kinda funny to me, actually. I bet he thought that I didn't know he knew about 'last night'. It was pretty clear to me that he didn't like Tanjiro. 

"Uh hum." Yuichiro cleared his throat, interrupting the quiet from before. "I don't like the Tanjiro kid." Called it. "He's strange."I try my best to hold back a snort, but I fail terribly. 

He looks at me, and eyebrow raised. "Do you really expect me to listen to you?" I ask, leaning forward and sticking my tongue out at him playfully. "How stupid. Pass the salt." 

He sighed, nudging it closer to me. "He's up to no good." He warned, but I just roll my eyes. He's said that about literally everyone I have ever talked to. "I'm serious." I sat back, crossing my arms at that.

"You're a dumbass."

"A dumbass who knows what the fuck they're talking about! Unlike a specific little brother."

"BY A MINUTE!"

"Unlike a specific brother."

I nod in approval at that. "Still." I stab through a piece of steak with my fork, twirling it around a couple of times for absolutely no reason, before placing it in my mouth. "You didn't deny the dumbass."

He sighed, standing up and clearing the plate into the garbage, placing it in the sink. "Just... be careful." He placed the silverware into there as well. "Use protection. I don't know." I choked on my food. 

"Excuse-moi?" He turned around and gave me a look. 

"Don't excuse-moi me." He crossed his arms. "Pregnancy is no joke." I stared at him, a long pause. He really is a dumbass.

"... Yuichiro. I'm a guy."

He shrugged. "You never know."

Despite the obviousness that this was a joke, I was still very shocked by his statements. "YUICHIRO!"

He laughed, walking out like he didn't just say that. I glared at him as he left, and he turned around in the last moment. "But seriously tell that himbo to put on a condom." I rolled my eyes at him, giving him a sassy wave goodbye, the embarrassment showing clearly on my cheeks. He's so fucking weird.

...

I should probably go to school now. Everyone except for Tanjiro were replying to my messages, and it was worrying me that Tanjiro wasn't. I walked in nervously, approaching the locker where I usually saw him. The one I'm guessing was his.

To my relief, he was indeed there. "Tanjiro!" I jogged over to him, throwing my arms around him in a hug. 

"Heya!" He turned around, hugging me back tightly. I smiled, smelling the scent of his freshly washed sweater. Im not sure what brand of detergent his mom buys, but it's hella good.

"You haven't been replying to my texts, are you okay? Is everything fine?" I ask, letting go before taking his hands in mine. He sighed, squeezing lightly.

"My parents took away my phone. Im hoping they give it back soon, and praying that they don't look through it, but I don't know. Sorry if I made you worry..."

I gave him a reassuring smile. "It's nothing, I was just curious." I laced out fingers together, swinging our hands while making my way down the hallway. He hummed softly, and I listened to the tune. It wasn't the buckled shoes song. This time, it was Boomerang by JoJo Siwa. I tried my best to remember the lyrics when I recognized the tune, but I guess that they will remain in my childhood forever. "Do you listen to JoJo Siwa?" I asked him, slightly amused.