Chapter 25

Tanjiro's POV

To say that I was in trouble was an understatement. 

I think my dad actually thought I was being serious, so right now, I'm grounded and sitting in my room. I'm not allowed to go anywhere. Dad wasn't always the biggest on jokes, he usually never understood them. However, once I showed mom the earlier texts, she said that she was sorry that dad grounded me but there wasn't anything she could do. Okay. Fine.

I was supposed to not be allowed to hang out with my friends for around a week, but I don't really care. I'm currently climbing down the side of my house from the window.

I landed on the grass with a soft thud, and attempted to make my escape from around the side of the house. "Tanjiro, what are you doing? DID YOU JUMP OUT THE WINDOW?" Mom ran over to me, and I froze, looking up at her. 

"So... funny story!" I started, and she shook her head. 

"No, no funny story. What were you doing?" I sighed when she gave me a hand to stand up. I stood by myself, brushing the dirt off on my pants. She crossed her arms, waiting

"I kind of made plans with Muichiro that I was looking forward to." I gave her a sheepish smile, and she sighed, rubbing her temples. She looked at me, calculating.

"Go, I'll cover for you." 

"Thank you mom!" I grinned, hugging her, before turning around and dashing down the driveway. I looked back to see her walking back into the house, closing the door behind her softly. Thank you, thank you!! 

I can't wait to hang out with Muichiro today!

Muichiro's POV 

It's Friday now. Tanjiro said that he'll come over for our sleepover, and I'm very stressed out at the moment. 

I observed the pillows on the couch for the 57th time, before deciding to rearrange them again. No perfect, not perfect, not perfect! I groaned, moving the vacuum back into the closet after double checking for any dirt on the floor. I washed all the dishes, layed down table cloths, cleaned my room. I mean, I even wiped down the damn window. I carefully put away my sketchbooks, not wanting them to be out with the embarrassing ahh drawings showing. I even cleaned Yuichiro's room, (you're welcome, Yuichiro!) despite the fact that he's at his friends house for the night.

After 2 hours, I finished. I checked everything once more, just to make sure, before sitting down on the couch, sighing. I checked my watch. Though, I didn't need to calculate how much time left until Tanjiro arrived when I heard the doorbell ring. Who could forget the amazing tune Yuichiro chose for it, anyway? I love hearing Lil Nas X whenever the pizza guy comes.

I sprint to the door, swinging it open. "Hey!" Tanjiro grinned, and I noticed he had a backpack on him. He was also holding a pillow and a fluffy blanket. 

"Hello." I smiled, hugging him. I quickly turned around and walked back into the house, listening as his footsteps followed. I turned to look at him, and his eyes were wide as he looked around.

"Your house is very nice!" He decided, and I felt a warmth in my chest at the comment. So my labor was worth it. 

"You've been here before." I giggled, and I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder.

"Still, it's awesome. Each time." He replies, and we walk up the stairs to my room. He sighed as he set his bag down, and I heard some slightly liquid-y noises coming from it.

"What's in there?" I asked, peeking curiously over the edge of my bed as he leaned over and unzipped. "Don't tell me that's a whole carton of milk. Tanjiro..." I crossed my arms.