The middle.

Songs used in this chapter-
Janine and the mixtape: hold me (the song she dances to)
Trey Songz: Slow Motion (song Dedra dances to.)
The weeknd: the hills (song Justin hears at the beginning of his POV)
Janine and the mixtape: lose my mind
(The ending 😋)

Meghan
"And when it gets cold,
And I'm feelin kinda lonely;
I'm hopin that you're gonna put a cover on me"

The club track played and I knew it was my turn to go out there.

If I had any "good sense" as the old folks say, I would leave. Run as fast as I can and not look back.

"Baby if I break down,
Will you catch my tears before they hit the ground"

Adrenaline ran through my veins as I was pushed out.

I slowly walked towards the pole and took my first swing, instantly earning a couple of dollars and screams from men in the front row.

"Baby don't let me down, I got a lot going on right now and I need you to hold me."

Tears ran down my face but I quickly wiped them and took another swing.

Then another. And another. A split. Flips. Ass shaking. Handstands against the pole. It was all a routine to me and right now, I didn't care.

Before I knew it, the dance was over and I collected the money I had made off of the stage so that Dedra could have my follow up.

She was known for dancing to wild and crazy hype songs so I know that if some people were in their feelings after I left the stage, she would get them hype again.

Damn if I won't right. She slid down the pole as soon as she got out there and was twerking her ass up in the air against the pole to slow motion.

"Oh darling, I just wanna get you out them clothes. Oh I just wanna see you dance in slow motion."

She finished with a drop split from mid air and landed perfectly in front of the front row men.

We learned that that's where all the ballers, future shot callers, and married men sat.

The newbies sat in back and the regulars in the middle at their tables.

"Girl, that was fun!" She said loud as hell trying to talk over the music that was now playing.

I shrugged and started counting my money.

"Damn." I sighed.

She gave me a concerned look and frowned. "What is it? How much you make?"

I shook my head. "Only 400."

Her eyes widened. "Girl you good. I made a couple extra hundred than I usually do so you can have it for my god baby."

I pushed the money back toward her. "Nah, I'm straight. I'm leaving."

She looked up from counting her money. "What do you mean? You have to waitress too later on with Majesty's nasty ass."

I'll be up front. Majesty wasn't a hoe. She just got around.

I sighed and put on my knee high boots again.

"Alright, but after that I'm gone. I have to go get Aysia from my grandma house."

She just nodded and went to change her clothes.

Tonight should be interesting.

Justin
"When I'm fucked up, that's the real me."