Chapter 3

~  Noel  ~

Sometimes, I hate water.

I gasp for breath for a few more moments while the fear in my heart subsides slowly. I almost died. I shake my head, if it weren't for that man-

I look around quickly, searching for the silent hero only to find him being dragged out of the water by the security personal, unconscious. Anger filters through my bloodstream. They hadn't even tried to help me out of the water!

I pull myself out of the water and glare at the group. "Get out." I command, my voice filled with venom. The only girl in the group of four crosses her arms, giving me a blank look.

"We have orders to extract blood from this man." The woman states. I narrow my eyes further.

"I believe I'm more capable in completing that job. Now, I politely ask for you all to get out." I say through clenched teeth. The woman studies my face for a moment before nodding almost reluctantly. She gestures for the group to follow her as she walks past me and out of the door. I relax as soon as the door shuts behind them.

I breathe out a sigh of relief before slowly walking towards the unconscious hero. I find a tranquilizer dart on his shoulder and don't hesitate to take it out.

I then grab the kit one of the guys from the group left and take out a needle and a disinfectant wipe. I turn the hero and place his arm in my lap. I wipe the inside of his elbow and carefully inject the needle into his vein. I draw some blood, but quickly stop in shock.

His blood is a silver color.

An idea comes to me then, so I quickly place a band-aid on the tiny wound. Then, I grab the needle and jog out of the room. My eyes quickly find Jeremy. "I have an idea, and you can't say no to it, because I almost died." Jeremy raises an eyebrow, but it's Emerson who speaks next.

"Before you explain this idea of yours, can I have the needle?" Emerson requests. I show them the needle, earning a gasp and wide eyes in response. I hand it to Emerson as I speak.

"I want to observe him from my house." I say bluntly. "He doesn't belong in one of these rooms. He isn't an animal. Plus, if he feels less like an experiment he might be a little more willing to let us make observations on him." I point out, and Jeremy considers it.

"What if he bolts when you aren't watching him?" He asks.

"Well, I can lock him in a room every time I leave. And, when he isn't in there I can lock the other doors and windows. It'll be like when someone dangerous is out. Only instead of nobody coming in, no one is going out." I say. Jeremy contemplates the idea for a moment or two.

"You do know if anything happens to him, you'll be to blame. And, your career here will most likely end." Jeremy warns. I nod, expecting this. Jeremy sighs.

"Fine. But only because I don't want everyone to know. Emerson will help you bring him to your car." Jeremy says before walking out of the room. Emerson looks up in surprise, but Jeremy is gone before he can object. Emerson sighs, rolling his eyes before turning to me.

"Let's get this over with." He mutters, walking past me and through the door. I quickly follow and soon we hauled the unconscious man from the ground of the Exam Room 26 and onto the backseat of my Camaro. Emerson stretches, and yawns before walking back to the labs. "Goodbye, Noel."

"Bye, Emerson." I respond, walking to the driver side and ducking into the car. I glance at the man before pulling out of the parking lot and driving home.

Once I park the car, I take my hands off the wheel and relax into the leather seat behind me. A long sigh leaves my lips. Today has been a long day.

Next thing I know, I'm waking up two hours later. I groan. I should really sleep more. I sit up, rubbing my eyes in exhaustion. Wait.

I jerk around in my seat only to find the backseat empty and the car door ajar. Fear rolls in my stomach.

Good job, Noel. You're probably going to lose your job now.

I get out of the car, and shut the door. I then shut the other door before walking to the other side of the inside of my garage and into my house. I walk into the living room, and the sight of my CDs spread across the floor makes me freeze. I am pretty sure I didn't do that. If I didn't do that, then only other person could've done this.

With this realization, I jog into the kitchen which I quickly realize is an absolute mess. There's food on the floor and milk is spilt on the counter. There's food mixed in the milk, making the mess appear like split cereal. I groan. I'm probably going to have to clean this up.

I leave the kitchen and walk to the bedrooms. I hesitate in front of my door, which is slightly ajar. Could he have went in here?

I open the door and peek into the room. The first thing I notice are my clothes, which are now littering the floor in front of my closet. I frown. He sure works fast. Went from the living room to the kitchen and still had time for my bedroom.

I look around my room, my eyes landing on the man sleeping on my bed. I shake my head. He's going to be more trouble then I originally thought. I turn away from my room and close the door behind me.

Now I have to clean. How joyful.

~~~

I'm so Sorry! I forgot I was writing this, and I've been in California. I apologize. I should've updated sooner.

~Authentic