Prologue

~  Tide  ~

What is that awful smell?

The thought shakes me from my nap. I slowly open my eyes, aware of the sleepiness in every corner if my body. I take a deep breathe as I stretch, but quickly jerk back as the smell turns into a taste.

Water flows from my gills as I blink a couple times for my eyes to adjust. As soon as they do, I gaze around in both disgust and surprise.

The water here is so dirty.

How could this of happened? It doesn't feel like over been asleep long. Then I start to remember. The party and dancing. The humans giving my brothers and I gifts of appreciation.

Then, I remember the spell. The witch the humans brought in after my brothers and I were too drunk to realize she had bad intentions. She cast the spell, and all too late had I sobered up to the reason of celebration.

They weren't celebrating because they appreciated our help. No.

They celebrated the soon to be encagment of our souls.

Anger flares in my veins, causing the water around me to swirl around me like a funnel. This reminds me of how they not only trapped my mind in sleep, but of how they destroyed my belongings as if they were theirs. My anger flares into rage.

I clench my fists tightly, and know there was a flood somewhere but don't bring myself to care. They shouldn't have touched my stuff.

I swim to the surface, taking breaths every so often. This is the good thing about being the Keeper of the Seas. I'm what humans would call a merman. Or, are least, I am when I'm in water. Most merpeople don't have the ability to change, but I do. Even though I can walk on land, I prefer water.

It's much more natural to me.

The water starts to turn black and I have trouble swimming. I try to breathe, but oxygen won't come. What is this? Drowning in my own element?

I struggle to break the surface before passing out from lack of oxygen.

~•~

Hello, everyone.

New story. This will be a series of five stories. Not as much action as there was in Red, but not as much as in a Cinderella story either.

Remember, this is a BoyxBoy story. Don't like it? Don't read.

~Authentic