-How does that make any sense? I just have to annul the wedding and I'll be free from you again, hating you more than ever.

-It's not that easy, darling.

-We didn't even consummate the marriage. I can cancel it right now.

-I am sorry, Aed but when you have such a rich and influential husband, things get messed up easily."

I frowned:

"What does that mean?

-It means that you and I are staying married.

-No... There must be a way.

-You could try paying a lawyer but with what money?

-I will find a way.

-And do you really think that they would be better than mine?

-You!

-I know, I know. I am terrible and you hate me. How could I make you like me when you were already blinded by hatred? You decided that I was a monster even before we met again.

-Because you are! This is proof enough!"

He started caressing my cheek and I pulled away.

"Then can you blame me for trying to make you see me in a different light?

-By lying and saying that you loved me?

-Aed... We both know that it's not a lie.

-No, you...

-Once you stop looking at me with hate, it's obvious isn't it? That's the reason why you believed the lie so easily.

-You..."

I was so angry that I slapped him:

"You're not a tiny bit sorry.

-I would do anything to make you love me.

-Who the hell loves you? I got my memories back now."

Bartholomew bent very close to my face:

"What does that have to do with your feelings?

-I...

-See? Having me this close to you makes you all flustered my dear wife.

-I am not!

-Then look me straight in the eyes and tell me that you don't love me.

-I don't."

Bartholomew started laughing and that irritated me greatly:

"Then why are you so red?"

I immediately touched my cheeks and that made Bartholomew laugh even more:

"You believed it."

I hit his shoulders with all my strength but I couldn't deny it anymore. Yes I still loved him. I loved and hated him so much that it was suffocating. If only I could strangle him with that love and kill him.

"I am going to divorce you.

-Good luck, kitten."

I slapped him.

"I missed your claws but I'll admit I like it when you call me Mewmew too.

-Who the hell called you that?

-But you did.

-Stop talking about it!

-Why are you so red?

-Because you are pissing me off.

-I am afraid that this husband of yours will piss you off for a long time. Because I don't plan on giving up on us. You already love me so I succeeded. You should surrender quickly and come into my arms.

-Don't look so happy because I promise that I will have my revenge.

-Deal. As long as you stay by my side I don't care. Can I be the next one to offer something?

-No. We are done."

I pushed him away but Bartholomew blocked the door:

"Oh, you will want to hear this I swear.

-Step away.

-What about Bonnie?"

I froze. I had been so angry that I completely forgot about her again. I was a horrible friend! Who cared about my feelings? I needed to find her:

"Where is she?

-I really don't know.

-Liar! I am sure you did something to her! When did she disappear? Was it in the pink room? After?"

Bartholomew raised his eyebrows:

"It seems you don't remember everything that happened.

-Almost everything.

-Still not everything. So what if I helped you find your friend and you promise to try liking me?

-I would never like you.

-If I didn't lie you would have been too stubborn to give me a chance. I didn't lie about anything else, Aed. And you fell in love with me very quickly once you saw who I really was. I won't force you to forgive me but all I want is for you to see me for who I really am.

-You are lying. You won't let me go."

Bartholomew smiled:

"Then hurry up and find your friend. Once Bonnie is back you won't have any more reason to stay married to me am I right?"

I frowned. I hated it but he was right. He knew things that I didn't and if Bonnie was in danger then I had to find her as soon as possible. I didn't have time to be stubborn.

"I won't stop hating you.

-Of course you won't. Until then we still have a wedding to celebrate."