twelve

When Naruto woke up the next morning, it was to the smell of fried chicken coming from the kitchen. He smiled and snuggled deeper under the covers, inhaling Sasuke's scent all over the pillows, as well as the scent of sex. He giggled as he remembered the previous night

He sat up and groans when he felt pain shoot from his lower half. "Damn Sasuke was a beast. But it's not like I didn't egg him on" Naruto thinks, putting on a shirt left on the floor.

He limps to the door and headed for the kitchen. There he saw his mate stark naked, wearing only an apron to provide for his decency. Naruto smirked, already wanting to rip the apron off

"Good morning" Sasuke said without looking away from his cooking. Naruto wrapped his hands around Sasuke's waist and kissed his neck "morning love" Naruto said sweetly.

Their sweet moment was interrupted however by some knocking on the door. Naruto groaned and Sasuke frowned. "In a minute!" Naruto called, rushing back to their room to find any shorts, Sasuke right behind him.

They put on decent clothes and went to answer the door. Well Sasuke did, Naruto finished cooking the chicken. When Sasuke opened the door he took a step back and snarled, seeing a familiar face. A face he hasn't seen in a long time. "Itachi, what are you doing here?" He demanded

"Good morning Sasuke" he eyed Sasuke's clothes. "You're still not dressed for school?"

"I'm not going to school" Sasuke said. "Now answer me, what are you doing here?" Itachi's calm demeanor didn't change, if anything he looked amused. "Mind letting me in?" He asked. "Itachi-nii?" Came Naruto's voice behind Sasuke.

"Hello Naruto" Itachi greeted pleasantly. The blond smiled a bit, before frowning at his mate and said "What are you doing? Let your brother in Sasuke!" He gently pushed Sasuke aside, who relented and let Naruto open the door wider, allowing the taller man inside.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" Naruto asked. "No, not yet. I was hoping to eat with my little brothers while we talk, if..that's alright with you?" Itachi said, eyeing Sasuke from the side. The younger Uchiha looked like he wanted to protest, but Naruto piped up "We wouldn't mind! We were just about to eat" he led the older Uchiha with him to the kitchen

Sasuke sighed. Naruto is too kind, and too clueless sometimes. He failed to sense Sasuke's ire and the tension between him and Itachi.

"What brings you to town?" Naruto asks.

"Is it wrong to want to visit my little brothers?" Itachi asked pleasantly. "I know you didn't drop by just to say hello Itachi, just tell us what is it mother and father need from us now" Sasuke interrupted. At the mention of Sasuke and Itachi's parents, Naruto's mood dampened.

"They don't want much, they never have. Just that you two are required to come home this weekend for the family reunion" Itachi said, still keeping up his pleasant expression. But Sasuke didn't trust his brother, the man has a talent for keeping up facades.

"Oh right, the reunion, I forgot about that" Naruto said solemnly.

Every year the Uchihas would host a family reunion. Relatives from all around, distant cousins, uncles and aunts, would attend. And every year Naruto would endure the Uchihas rudeness, harshness, or sometimes even their harassment to him. He never had any good experiences at the reunions...

"We're not going" Sasuke announced. Itachi narrowed his eyes "Sasuke-"

"We don't want to spend two days interacting with people we don't like or have a bad relationship with" Sasuke snarled. "And I don't want Naruto to endure the yearly treatment of being their servant, suffering harassment from my shitty relatives"

"They're not all bad, Shisui is nice to me" Naruto chimed.

"If you don't attend, mother and father will be upset. And father will think you're disrespecting him. He can easily take away the money we send to you that pays for the house and schooling" Itachi reminded seriously.

"He's right" Naruto said quietly.

"It's just for two days. We'll be there to protect Naruto" Itachi promised.

"The last time you promised that..Naruto was almost raped" Sasuke growled. Naruto shuddered at the memory of last year's reunion. When an unwanted alpha was once again refusing to take no for an answer. He was dragged into a room. Naruto fought him off as hard as he could, his clothes almost coming off, luckily Itachi and Sasuke found him.

Sasuke almost killed the alpha who tried to defile him, but was held back by Itachi. There was a lot of blood, and Sasuke and Naruto were allowed to go home early.

"I think we should go" Naruto insisted.

"What?" Sasuke narrowed his eyes at Naruto. "Naruto don't you remember what happened last year?"

"How the hell could I forget?" Naruto frowned, clenching his fists. "But if we don't attend, they'll just think I'm a weak shivering little omega who can't handle the idea of being in a room full of alphas or even betas. Never mind that I was almost fucking assaulted they don't give a crap about that..in their eyes it was my fault, probably finding fault in how I dressed or acted"

"I never thought that" Itachi said seriously. "Mother and Shisui doesn't either"

"Thank you, the point is, I want to prove them wrong Sasuke, prove to them that I'm undeterred. That I can waltz in there and say "hey it's me again, did you really think last year's incident would prevent me from coming back?" Prove how strong I am"

Sasuke didn't agree, nor liked this. But he knew once Naruto set his mind on something there was no changing it.

"Fine, we'll go" he sighed

Naruto grinned. "Trust me Sasuke! Everything will be fine, more than fine even! I bet this year we can have the time of our lives"

"You impress me with how optimistic you can be" Sasuke sighed still feeling doubtful

"Believe it" Naruto said with a chuckle