The two girls were taken aback. Chaeyoung looked at Jisoo to watch for her reaction.

"I'm sorry it came from him and not from me, but... why would he be a mess?" she asked with furrowed brows. "He's the one who ended things with me."

She could still vividly recall that night as if it was yesterday. The way he dropped those words as if they didn't mean anything, the way he left without a second look. There was no chance he would have been left heartbroken by their break up.

"It's really not my place to say," Lisa said. "But I do think you should talk to him unnie."

Silence fell upon the group members as it dawned on them that there was so much about one another that they did not know about.

Chaeyoung cleared her throat.

"This might not be the best moment to ask... but I feel like we all need it," she began. "Are you guys busy tonight?"

☾・゚: *✧・゚:*

It took them a bit of convincing, but a few hours after they landed back in Seoul, Park Chaeyoung managed to pull them out of their rooms and into the car to take them to the Bangtan household.

Frankly, even she was exhausted from their trip, but there was this strange force inside of her that wanted them to be there (that and the multiple messages from Park Jimin insisting that they make an appearance).

When the trio stepped into the large apartment complex later that night, they were met by the presence of other Kpop groups who greeted them as they passed.

"Hey, I thought this was a small party?" Lisa whispered while keeping a smile on her face.

Park Chaeyoung shrugged.

She only had one thing on her mind. And she knew it would be difficult to avoid Jeon Jungkook in his own home, but she still had to try.

He would only ask her why she was ignoring him, and she had not fully formed an answer yet, without exposing her truest feelings.

And so, the moment she saw an opening between greeting other idols, she made a b-line to the kitchen where she assumed all the drinks were situated.

"Omo, Chaeyoung-ah!" she was met by a bright cheerful voice.

The life of the party, Jung Hoseok, pulled her into a small embrace. She was happy to see his face.

"We missed you!" he exclaimed.

"Me too," she returned.

"Did you eat yet?" he asked. "Jin-hyung prepared a lot of food."

Hoseok gestured to their dining room table that was filled with small appetizers and finger foods. All of it was still untouched as they awaited for the arrival of the birthday boy.

"I'll eat some later," she responded. "I-I was actually looking for some drinks."

The man laughed at her embarrassed expression before disappearing behind the kitchen counter.

"You should've said that in the first place Chae! I'll mix up something for you," he smiled.

Chaeyoung propped herself on the bar stool and sat patiently as he made an alcoholic concoction inside of a red solo cup.

It was definitely not her intention to get completely drunk that night. But she figured she needed some confidence if she were to find herself confronting her fake boyfriend. And it had been an exhausting weekend, not just with the promotions but as well as all the drama surrounding her group, she needed to let loose a little.