Chapter 16: Desires

Start from the beginning

"Then what's with the suit?" Yoru asked, playfully tossing the credits he won from Jett into the air and catching them repeatedly. Glitch then continued his explanation, "No matter how far my body could adapt, my DNA remains half human even after the surgery was successful. As long as the human DNA stays in me, I can't fully unlock my powers. The suit was designed to suppress my human side, making me a true Radiant when it's active," he finished.

Yoru, still playing with the credits, commented, "So, you're a half-Radiant, half-human with a fancy suit. Nice."

"Interesting," Reyna said, leaning in with curiosity. "But what do you consider yourself to be? Do you enjoy being a Radiant? Or have you always intended to stay human?" Her questions were direct and probing, but Glitch took them in stride, regardless of her intentions.

.

(A choice needs to be made here, but I will include it in future updates! For now, here's the default story.)

.

Glitch had never been asked such a question before, and it took him a moment to gather his thoughts. As he considered the options, he realized that he couldn't neatly fit himself into either category. "Neither. I'm neither," he replied honestly, a touch of uncertainty in his voice. "I'm just me, and I've learned to accept that I'm different."

After a short moment of silence, Phoenix lightened up. "You know what? Radiant or human, it doesn't matter in the Protocol, does it?" he said with a reassuring grin.

"Yeah, it's nice to have you around! Still waiting for that drink, Glitch!" Jett said enthusiastically.

"Drink?" Glitch asked, slightly puzzled.

Yoru stood up from the couch, stretching his arms. "You promised one drink for each agent," he reminded.

"Right. Still waiting for that bar to be made," Glitch responded, realizing the friendly challenge.

As the four agents continued to converse happily, Reyna remained silent for a moment, unsure of what to think about Glitch and his unique background. But moments later, she finally cracked a smile, her previous curiosity replaced with acceptance.

.

.

.

The next morning

Vincent sat calmly in the interrogation room, his hands cuffed to the table, but his demeanor relaxed. With his legs crossed and a laid-back posture, he appeared unruffled, patiently waiting for Brimstone's return. Meanwhile, Brimstone observed him from the adjacent room, where a one-way glass panel allowed others to witness the interrogation. Cypher, holding a tablet, glanced at Vincent through the glass panel and began to share his findings.

"His history is as he claims. French military, then made a name for himself as a PMC Marksman. Moved to Kingdom weapons design after. Killjoy validated the portal blueprints he provided, so his source is sound," Cypher reported, speaking in a calm tone.

Brimstone's brow furrowed with suspicion upon hearing the information. "We know for a fact that he's been supplying weapons to Radiant criminals. What about his criminal records?" he questioned, wanting to uncover any hidden skeletons.

Cypher swiped across the tablet in his hand before continuing, "Apart from the weapons supply, he has no criminal record. No incident reports. Either his reputation is perfect, or he's very good at hiding the truth," he stated, lowering the tablet. "You know where I stand," Cypher added, affirming his stance on the matter.

Viper, with her arms crossed behind them, expressed her opinion firmly. "He should be a useful addition to the team. I suggest we recruit him and closely monitor his activities," she recommended. Brimstone let out a weary sigh before responding with hesitation. "I hope you're right, Viper. I truly do..." he replied. With that, Brimstone returned to the interrogation room, where Vincent greeted him with a smile. "Welcome back. You surely took your time," Vincent remarked. "I've given your offer some serious thought," Brimstone replied as he took a seat across from Vincent. "And what is your decision?" Vincent inquired, awaiting Brimstone's response.