𝟐𝟑

TWO MONTHS LATER

TWO MONTHS LATER

"Can I borrow the car?" I asked my mom as I sat down in front of the counter in the kitchen.

"For?" She looks up at me from seasoning the chicken.

"I want to go to the store and to visit Kevin's grave. His headstone is there now." It wasn't a lie. I hadn't been there since last week and he needed some fresh flowers to go with his headstone.

I just had to make some other stops as well.

"Oh," She sat the seasoning down and looked at me. "Do you want me to drive you?"

"No, I'm okay."

I wait for her to say something else but the only thing she says is okay.

"My keys are on the coffee table. Be safe and let me know if you need anything."

"I will." I say as I grab the keys off of the coffee table and walk out of the door.

Once I get myself situated in the car I take a deep breath and pull my phone out so I could text Yuri.

im otw to come get u now

Yuri okay

I sat my phone down and took a deep breath before pushing the push to start button. This would be my first time driving a car since I had got into the accident and I was nervous.

Being in a car gave me so much anxiety as is and driving only made it worse. I couldn't be scared to drive, though. I have to push through my fears.

𐩃

"Okay, now we wait five minutes." Yuri says as we stick three clear blue pregnancy tests in a cup filled with my pee.

We sat in silence for the first few minutes while we waited. I sat on the edge of the tub while Yuri leaned against the counter.

"How have you been?" I finally decide to break the silence.

"Okay," she shrugged. "Could be better. I miss him and all that."

Throughout Kevin's and I relationship, I always noticed how closed off to her feelings Yuri could be. Even when Kevin was in the hospital she never cried, she put on a brave face for everyone.

I knew I wasn't going to get much out of her but her speaking this much on Kevin's death was something I would take.

I nodded. "I miss him too."

We fell back into a void of silence for a couple more seconds.

This time she spoke first. "How have you been? Especially since you know...you could possibly be pregnant."