𝟎𝟗

The past week that Kevin has been in the hospital, I spent my time making sure I got notes for him and most of the work done

Having heart failure is draining and takes the strength out of your body. I didn't want him stressing about failing classes.

"You going straight home today?" Soriya asked me as we walked down the halls towards our next class.

After school I would go and visit him at the hospital. I wasn't sure if I could do it today though. My mom said she wanted me to come straight home today but I've been trying to make her change her mind.

"I don't know. My mom wants me to come straight home today."

Soriya, Corey, Amir and I all had next period together which was gym. The only time I would see Amir now would be in the few periods that we had together.

"You've been visiting him a lot lately. What about Amir?" She questions.

I looked over at Soriya with a brow raised. She'd been mentioning Amir more than me lately.

"What about Amir?" I repeat.

"I mean y'all just broke up and you're already starting to move on from him. Isn't that a little fast?"

I scuff, "first of all me and Kevin are just friends, nothing more. I wasn't the problem in me and Amir's relationship so however fast I choose to move on is my business Soriya."

I walked away from her before she could get a word in. She had the audacity to try and question me about moving on too fast but whenever she moves on I never question her about it.

I felt like she didn't have my back and that's what made me upset.

𐩃

"Heyyy," I poked my head inside of the hospital room.

I was able to persuade my mom to let me go to the hospital today. Im surprised she let me given the fact that I've been here a lot recently.

Kevin looked up from his phone and smiled at me. "Wussup lil' girl."

I chuckled and took a seat in the chair next to the bed. "You and this little girl shit. Like you're only older by a few months relax."

"You still a little girl to me so it don't matter." He shrugged.

"Whatever, Kevin." I sat my bookbag down on the floor and began pulling out my notes I took and my laptop.

"The hell is you doing?" Kevin looked at me like I was crazy.

"Pulling out the notes you asked me for." I said blankly.

"Nigga we not doing that shit. It's Friday."

"Then why did you ask for them?" I asked smartly, with an attitude painted on my face.

"For next Monday, duh."