🌸⚔️Chapter 16: Forgotten Memories Resurfaced⚔️🌸

It was now evening, and I sat in a room with Imari and Chiharu with the Himemiko's diary in my hand. "Imari, we found this at the Takeda Army's base a few days ago. After reading a couple of pages of it, we're not sure what to believe. Does the diary look familiar to you? Have you ever seen her use it?"

Imari took the diary and gasped. "I knew she had taken to writing in a journal that a friend of hers had given to her, but I was sure I would never see it again. I thought she had taken this with her."

Chiharu raised a brow. "With her, where?"

"Well....um...." Imari started panicking for some reason. "Please do not tell the others this, but I've been doing my own investigation into the whereabouts of Lady Himemiko. I tried retracing my steps to every territory to find a clue. The only places I haven't looked yet is the Oda territory, and the Toyotomi territory. All I know is that she married a human she fell in love with and had children with him. She also owned a mirror which was believed to have been magic, but I don't remember her ever using it."

"She had children with a human? How many did she have? She wouldn't have run away from them, would she?" I questioned him.

Imari sweat-dropped and took a step back. "I, uh...I believe just two that I know of. A son and daughter. Her daughter was the first born, then two years later, her son was born. And no, Lady Himemiko didn't run away from them at all. In fact, when she left, the babies did as well. As for the husband...a terrible fate had befallen him. It says so in the diary. I didn't read much of it, but from what I did read, the six of you are her descendants."

Chiharu nodded slowly. "Now that I think about it, it does make sense. 'I have had the privilege of meeting all of you, including you, Mitsuki. I knew you would be the one to read this. You always did love a good book to read.' If the diary is anything to go by, then I'd say the woman must have been our great grandmother."

I stared down at the diary in thought. Maybe the Himemiko really was related to us? Think, Mitsuki. For once in your life, think. Think about when and where you might have seen her.

🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸
*Flashback*
🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸

"How about we play a game of hide and seek?" An 10 year old Chiharu suggested to Yuzuki, aged 7, and me, aged 6. We were visiting granny Hanako for the weekend. She lived in a lovely cottage on the countryside. She lived with grandpa Daisuke. My father, Yamato, was their son. I have an auntie as well, but no one knows where she is or what happened to her.

 I have an auntie as well, but no one knows where she is or what happened to her

"I'm not so sure..." Yuzuki hesitated. "Mommy said we have to stay nearby."

"It will be okay, Yuzuki." I assured her. "We'll still be in the building, so it isn't like we won't be leaving or anything."