🌸⚔️Chapter 05: This Isn't Frozen⚔️🌸

So, this is the guy who fought alongside Hideyoshi before? How did Hideyoshi put up with a scary guy like-

Actually, scratch that.

How did Nobunaga put up with someone like Hideyoshi? Surely Nobunaga didn't have the patience to put up with Hideyoshi's cocky ass?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that he is also vampire. If this dark aura of his is anything to go by, then I'm certain of it. Not to mention the pointy ears, too.

Hold the phone....since when did vampires have pointy ears?

Anyway, moving along, Hideyoshi chuckled. "Man, to think you would kindly come for my head yourself...or rather, should I say that you've kindly brought me your head?"

"What did you say?!" Oh, I didn't see her...him...that young boy there with the silver hair.

At least I think that person, or vampire, is a boy...

"It's fine." Nobunaga stopped the silver haired boy, who was about to remove his sword from its sheath. "Settle down." The boy stood back and didn't say a word as Nobunaga walked forward and spoke a little louder. "Monkey, my head is here. You're welcome to take it if you can. However, no matter how many schemes you come up with, or soldiers you try to gather, you will never reach my head."

Hideyoshi placed his hands on his hips and smirked. "Still the same as ever."

I raised a hand up as if I were in a classroom. "Uh, sorry to disappoint, but I'm pretty sure all he has to do is climb up the cliff or the tree beside it to get to your head. You sure you want him to just take it?"

Nobunaga glared down at me. "Seems you've found yourself a noisy human girl. I pity her for having to put up with a monkey such as yourself." Monkey? I'd he referring to the red mask Hideyoshi carries around with him on his hip?

I scowled at him. "My name isn't 'noisy human girl', it's Mitsuki Nishikawa. Also, compared to you..." I grinned at Hideyoshi. "...Hideyoshi is actually fun and comfortable to be around."

I looked back at Nobunaga and frowned. "You on the other hand, look like you're ready to kill someone no matter who they are. I'm surprised you haven't gone out of your way to kill me yet with that sour look still painted all over your face."

He's such a mood.

"Mitsuki..." Hideyoshi breathed out. He seemed a little surprise, but he smiled and patted the rope of my head. "I'll handle him from now on, don't worry. I liked that you were standing up to him like that, but let me take care of him. I don't want him hurting you."

"This girl...she reminds me of you, Monkey. I'm not surprised you've managed to find someone like her to put up with you." What the heck is that supposed to mean? "First, I will compliment you in making it this far in dragging such a hindrance."

"I may not be as tall as you, but I can still hear you, you know?" I mumbled.

"Being praised by you is such an honour."

I stifled a laugh. "Is that sarcasm I hear?"

Hideyoshi winked at me. "Of course."

"That girl." Hideyoshi froze as Nobunaga spoke again. "She must have some worth for you to keep her around."

"So?" I pointed at the silver haired boy beside him. "The girl beside you must also have some worth to be around you-Uh..."I stopped myself for a moment. "I mean boy." I placed a hand over my mouth and chuckled. "My bad." Hideyoshi looks like he's trying not to laugh by clearing his throat and giving me a side glance.