🌸⚔️Chapter 12: An Alliance?⚔️🌸

"An alliance?"

"Yeah." Shingen nodded. "Mitsuki's blood has the same power as Himemiko's, does it not?"

If that's true, then maybe my sisters and I are related to her somehow, or she split her powers and passed them over to us and we didn't know it because magic doesn't exist where we're from?

"To us Gegga Tribes, it can be either a threat, or an asset."

If I remember correctly, Imari had spoken to us about Himemiko and how she wanted him to search for us. He seems to believe that we are the key to finding Himemiko using our powers...but how are we supposed to know what our powers are?

🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸
*Flashback*
🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸

"Please! You have to listen to what I have to say!"

"Just before Lady Himemiko vanished, she told me to search for the girls from another world, and now, I have finally found you! You girls are the one clue I have to finding Lady Himemiko!"

"Please, I beg of you! Lend me your powers!"

🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸
*End Of Flashback*
🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸

"There's no way Nobunaga would turn a blind eye to it." Shingen's eyes suddenly darkened a little. "Especially if Misaki and the rest of her sisters also carry Himemiko's blood."

Hideyoshi froze for some reason when he said that. "If all six of the Nishikawa sisters were to be taken, we, and Shinga, would fall to the Oda Army."

"I want to protect my people." Shingen spoke straightforwardly, not even trying to beat around the bush. "This alliance would be merit to the Toyotomi Army as well, would it not?"

"Nope." Hideyoshi said instantly. There is a collection of gasps in the room. Even I was surprised at this.

Masakage growled. "How dare you turn down Lord Shingen's offer!"

"Masakage." Shingen stretched an arm out in front of Masakage to prevent him from hurting Hideyoshi. Shingen then turned his attention back to Hideyoshi. "Hideyoshi, from what I've heard, you're looking to defeat Nobunaga. We can aid you. Not even then? Mitsuki even has some fighting skills of her own that even we have yet to see with our own eyes. That is one of the reasons why I believe that Mitsuki will be the main target whether her sisters carry Himemiko's power or not."

"Yeah." Hideyoshi nodded slightly. "I'm not handing Mitsuki or any of her sisters over to anyone, and I'm going to be the one to unify Shinga." He then stood up defiantly. "I'm going to be the one to defeat Nobunaga. Otherwise, what's the point? I made a promise to Mitsuki that I will protect her, and I intend to keep that promise until the day I die."

I couldn't help but smile at his determination. "Hideyoshi..."

Shingen chuckled. "Alright. Sorry for the silly proposal."

Hideyoshi stared at the floor in thought. "To be truthful, I sensed the power of Himemiko in Yuzuki when I tasted her blood the other day after she cut her finger, but nothing happened. However, something did happen when I tasted Mitsuki's blood a few days before I had a taste of Yuzuki's blood. I can't explain why because I don't know the answer myself, but it's Mitsuki's blood that has drawn me to her."