🌸⚔️Chapter 14: To The Sanada Territory⚔️🌸

*Narrator's POV*

Hotaru snickered behind her hand. "I can't wait to hear what happened next." Yuzuki blushed madly, as did Mitsuki, thinking about what had happened after the events at the Takeda Army's base.

Chiharu rolled her eyes and hit her twin with a cushion. "Of course you can't. After all, you wouldn't stop teasing Mitsuki about it after."

"I was pretty mean back then." Hotaru placed a hand on her cheek and sighed. "More pretty than mean because now age is starting to finally catch up to me."

Misaki chuckled. "What? You found a couple of wrinkles on your face?"

Hotaru groaned. "Please don't remind me. I've tried all these years to keep my skin flawless and smooth."

Mitsuki smirked. "That's karma for ya."

Hotaru glared daggers at her. "It's called growing up, Little Moon. Something that husband of yours still has yet to learn."

"He may act like his shoe size, but at least mine knows how to humour me." Mitsuki remarked. "Yours doesn't exactly have an understanding of the term 'funny' or 'fun' very much, does he?"

"Of course he does!" Hotaru tried to defend him. "You just don't understand his humour like I do."

Mitsuki snorted. "You're right. I don't. In fact-"

Tsuyoshi cleared his throat, grabbing everyones attention. "If the two of you are done bickering, some of us are waiting to find out what happened next."

Shinobu nodded. "Mom, if the two of you want to continue acting like children, then do it later, preferably after aunt Mitsuki's finished telling us the story."

"Yeah, we want to know what happened." Hikari and Haruka said at the same time.

"P-Please continue the story, aunt Mitsuki." Madoka begged.

"Okay then." Mitsuki took one last sip of her tea before placing the mug back on the tray. "So, a few days after we returned to the Toyotomi Army's base, the atmosphere was very calm, with the exception of my sisters and I getting used to not having Misaki by our side. Fortunately, Imari had paid us a visit and brightened our spirits up by giving us hope in a possible clue about the Himemiko."

"What about the diary?" Sakura asked. "You had the diary that the Himemiko wrote, didn't you?"

"I did at the time, but I didn't mention it to Imari. I waited a little longer to tell him because I needed to read some more of it myself first. No one else knew about it except Chiharu, who was with me when I found it. I wanted to make sure that the book really was written by the former Himemiko before informing the others of the diary and not someone pretending to be her." Mitsuki explained.

🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸

*Mitsuki's POV*

"In Sanada territory?"

My sisters and I were trying to hide from Hideyoshi and the others to talk to Imari, who wanted to speak to us about some information he may have regarding the Himemiko. "Yes. There might be a clue to Himemiko's whereabouts. Would the five you please go look into it? If not all five of you, then maybe just two of you?"

Hotaru raised a hand up. "I'll do it. I haven't really left much, so going to another territory seems like a ticket out of this place for me."

Suzume held her hand up as well. "I will as well. As lovely as it is here, I could do with a change of scenery."