🌸⚔️Chapter 06: Patience Is A Virtue⚔️🌸

*Narrator's POV*

"Mitsuki had started falling for Hideyoshi not because of what he looks like on the outside, but for the man he is on the inside."

The young woman smiled to her children as she was making lunch for them the next day. "You see, Mitsuki was heartbroken back at the world she and her sisters were originally from because the boy she had a crush on during her senior year was only using her so that he could get closer to Hotaru, who was and still is a famous idol."

"Mom, how did Mitsuki know she had fallen for the Monkey Lord?" Her eldest son asked. He was helping her prepare their lunch while his two younger siblings took a seat at the dinner table as their mother continued the story she told them the night before.

The young woman chuckled. "Well, Tsuyoshi, believe it or not, it was his willingness to put himself in danger just so she wouldn't be harmed, making her laugh, not hesitating to defend her, showing compassion for others, but above all, going out of his way to be beside her not because of who she is related to, but for the sake of wanting to get to know Mitsuki for who she is."

"No one, apart from the members of The Otaku Club, wanted to get to know Mitsuki at all. They didn't care much about her background at all, and she was thankful for it. The times when she thought she was making new friends, she was really just being used as the key for to get close to Hotaru, and Misaki, who is still Hotaru's manager."

"Why did Hideyoshi ask Yuzuki to marry him and not Mitsuki?" Her second son asked.

The young woman placed the plates of food in front of her children as her eldest son, Tsuyoshi, washed his hands before taking his plate of food and joined them at the table. "Apparently, Mamoru, it was love at first sight. For Hideyoshi it was, but not for Yuzuki."

"In fact, the reason she turned him down was not only because she didn't want to marry someone she had just met, but because she didn't the same way about him the way Mitsuki did. Yuzuki also had another reason why she didn't want to marry him, but I'll tell you that another time."

"This Hideyoshi dude is stupid." Her second son, Mamoru, commented before taking a bite of his lunch.

Tsuyoshi nodded in agreement. "Yep. If you ask me, I'd say he asked the wrong person to be his bride. No offence to Yuzuki, of course."

"Poor Mitsuki." The young woman's daughter spoke with a sad tone of voice. "She had to watch him give love and affection to someone else and talk about planning the wedding when she should have been the one he was marrying. Hideyoshi is Mitsuki's prince. It's not fair."

The young woman smiled to her daughter as she took a seat at one end of the table with a cup of tea in her hands. "Now, now, Hikari, as the saying goes: 'good things come to those who wait'. As we know, Mitsuki had fallen for Hideyoshi, but Hideyoshi doesn't know it. Mitsuki will eventually get her happily ever after, but not yet."

"The thing you must all understand is that patience is a virtue, especially when it comes to dealing with tackling your own feelings for the person you love. The question is: When is it the right time to tell someone about your true feelings for them?"

The young woman stifled a laugh. "Also, did I forget to mention that Hotaru was never a morning person?"

🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸

*Mitsuki's POV*

"Get your royal highness back here, you damn midget!" Hotaru shouted at the top of her lungs as she ran after me down the hallway leading towards the main room.