🌸⚔️Chapter 09: A Night Under The Stars...Sort Of⚔️🌸

"Welcome back!" Hideyoshi greeted us when we returned. "I heard what happened from Hanbee, Mitsunari, and the girls."

"Seems you had quite a rough time." said Kanbee.

Hanbee smiled in relief. "I'm so glad the three of you are finally safe."

"Yes, I'm sorry." Yuzuki apologised as the both of us stood in the middle of the room with Hideyoshi sitting at a distance in front of us, Hanbee and Kanbee were sitting at the right side of the room, and Misaki and Suzume were to the left.

I raised a brow at my sister. "Wait, why are you apologising? You've done nothing wrong."

Yuzuki stared down at her feet. "I was not any help to Hideyoshi and the others at all, and I feel awful when I think that all I will be is a hindrance. Mitsuki, you'd be more useful than I would."

I placed a hand on her shoulder and shook my head. "You're not a hindrance. You never are, and to be honest, I really don't see how I'd be more useful. I mean, look at me. When have I ever been useful?"

Misaki stood up and walked over to me, then ruffled my hair with a smile. "You've been more useful than you think, Mitsuki."

"Yeah." Suzume agreed as she also walked over to us and stood the other side of Misaki. "You may be an idiot at times, but since we arrived here, you've become braver than we've seen you back home. Not only that, you've always been there to help me with my work whenever I needed it."

I sweat-dropped. "Not sure if you're trying to compliment me or insult me...or maybe both?"

"That aside, need I remind you that you've always provided some beautiful backing vocals for Hotaru's songs even though you're afraid of what people might say if they heard you sing." Misaki whispered low enough so that only I could hear.

"Well, in that case, Yuzuki, why don't you help Mitsunari with his work? He gets absorbed in his planning until well into the morning." Hideyoshi suggested.

Yuzuki seemed a little confused. "The morning?"

I tried not to laugh. "Damn, I feel for you Yuzuki. I'd hate to stay up all night."

Misaki wrapped an arm around my shoulder and poked my cheek. "Sounds to me like our little sister here is jealous that Yuzuki gets to spend all that time alone with a man."

Suzume placed a hand on her cheek and sighed. "Poor thing."

My eyebrow twitched. "'Thing'?"

"Yuzuki won't be the only one spending the night with a man."

I looked at Hideyoshi as he smirked at me. "If you need me to fetch Hotaru for you, I can-"

"You will accompany me. I have many questions I'd like to ask." Toukichi jumped off his shoulder and ran straight to me. He tilted his head as if waiting for me to do something. I chuckled as I picked him up gently before placing him on my own shoulder. "Seeing as you're free this evening, you wouldn't mind taking a walk with me."

I opened and closed my mouth in shock and felt myself blushing. I wasn't expecting him to say that at all. At least not to me. "U-Um...A-Are you sure? If you have questions, then why not ask Misaki or someone else?"

"Nope, sorry, but you're the only one I need for this." He caught me off guard by standing up and running over to me, then as quick as a flash of lightening, he threw me over his shoulder and carried me out of the room.

My eyes widen. "H-Hey! Put me down, you...you damn monkey lord!"

Hideyoshi laughed all the way to where he was taking me, which, I may add, is somewhere outside. "Now, why would I do something like that? Is it that you hate me that much?"