🌸⚔️Chapter 08: Yakuma⚔️🌸

"Uh, Mitsunari, where are we going?" Yuzuki asked after awhile of the two of us following him.

Mitsunari stopped walking and pointed at something ahead, making us stop to look. "Look there." I squinted a little and noticed Toshiie hiding behind some bushes. We made our way over to him and knelt down so it looked as if we were hiding as well. "Toshiie, has there been any movement?"

"No." Toshiie replied. "Why do you ask?"

"Someone in town ran up to us and asked for help." Mitsunari explained. "Apparently, those bandits have kidnapped a young woman."

Toshiie was surprised at the news. "What?!"

"Without a doubt..." Toshiie leaped out from behind the bushes without a second thought, startling Mitsunari and Yuzuki. "Toshiie! Be careful!"

"Leave it to me!" Toshiie yelled back. He raised his weapon up and struck down onto the two men guarding something down below.

Mitsunari sighed. "There he goes..."

"Is he alright?" Yuzuki asked in concern. "Plowing in there alone like that..."

"I'm sure he'll be fine." I assured. "As long as he's careful, of course."

"Well, it's as Mitsuki said, it should be fine, since it's Toshiie." Mitsunari took out a map and scanned his eyes over it.

Yuzuki stared at it in curiosity. "What are you doing?"

"I will have to finish putting together a plan as soon as possible." Was he answering her question, or?... "I do not wish for there to be anymore victims." In other words, you don't want to get your hands dirty.

Yuzuki smiled determinedly. "We'll help you."

I nodded. "Yeah, what she said. It's why we're here in the first place."

🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸⚔️🌸

By the time Toshiie was done, the sun was starting to set. He returned to us with a wound on his upper right arm that Yuzuki was now patching up for him. "Can't you be a little more gentle?"

I chuckled. "Maybe if you quit whining, she might just consider being more gentle." He grumbled under his breath, but I couldn't pick up what he said, so I just simply shrug and lean against a tree.

"So, you did go too far." Yuzuki said, frowning at Toshiie's wound. "You shouldn't have gone by yourself."

"But I'm glad she's alright." Toshiie nodded to the girl behind him who sat on a patch of grass away from us, hugging her knees and hiding her face.

I walked over to her and sat beside her. "Hey, Miss, you're okay now. No one will take you away again from your brother. The Toyotomi army will make sure of it, as will my sisters and I."

The girl lifted her head up slowly and looked at me with teary eyes. "Really? Do you mean it? You sure they won't come after me again?"

I smiled and nodded. "You have my word, even if I have to go after them like that pointy-eared idiot did, Miss...?"

"Kanako." The girl said with a small smile. "My name is Kanako. I cannot thank you and your friends enough Lady...I'm sorry, I don't know your name."

"It's Mitsuki." I chuckled as I stood up and offered her my hand. She took it gratefully and stood up. "And there's no need to thank us. We're just glad that you're now safe."