"Are you staying at mine tonight?" He spoke close to my mouth, and I just nodded like a fucking idiot while I tried to think of some actual words to say.

"Are you gonna let me eat candy in your bed this time or am I not allowed?"

He hung his head to laugh at the memory from the night before. "You can do anything you want in my bed, how's that?"

Christ. Who does he think he is? Me?

"Anything? I don't think you know what you're saying," I warned, to which he tilted his head and kissed me in the other direction with his hand purposely traveling to my bare thigh in my shorts.

"I understand just fine, babe," he kissed me once more, flashing me a pair of bedroom eyes that he absolutely learned how to make after spending too much time with me.

Maybe marrying him wasn't such a bad idea after all.

***

"Do you remember that?" Emma cackles. "When you laughed at the idea of marrying him? And now you're waving that ring around like you just won the lottery!"

"God, he looked so good that night," I drop my head back and groan at the memory of him. "I miss his long hair so much."

She shoots me an annoyed look. "You're avoiding the topic! You're engaged!"

"I know that, thank you," I laugh and adjust my ring with my thumb, feeling the smooth diamond like I have every single day since he put it on me. "I can't believe it, but I guess I can at the same time."

"You can't believe that you're engaged?"

"In general, yeah, but I mean that I can't believe he proposed to me."

She blinks at me with an otherwise flat and blank expression. "You're kidding me, right?"

I roll my eyes, understanding what she means without asking for clarification. I'm just having a hard time explaining it to everyone, it seems. "I'm just surprised because it's no secret that Harry is better than me, and I'm surprised that he still wants to marry me after all this time and everything I've put him through."

Her expression softens just slightly as she sighs like she's frustrated. "Scarlett, that boy loves you more than life itself. And you know what that means?"

"What does that mean?"

"That means that we need to take these shots and celebrate that anyone is willing to tolerate you forever," she raises her glass to mine, and we both take our two tequila shots back to back.

"Now," she drums the table with her palms. "Tell me everything, I wanna know everything."

"I already told you everything!" I dig my cigarettes out of my purse and light one up.

"No, you told me everything with your twin brother and little sister within earshot," she reminds me. "I wanna know everything from my best friend's perspective."

"Okay, I'll tell you," I nearly cut her short to make her laugh as she raises her hand to catch our waiter so we can order another round of drinks. "For starters, he just made the trip super romantic from the beginning, and our hotel was ridiculous. I mean, you saw the pictures I sent, right?"

"Yeah, you had an insane view," she crosses her arms over the table. "Did he do like the rose petals on the bed shaped like a heart and everything?"

I wrinkle my nose, laughing at the way she cooed like she was already picturing it in her mind. "No, but I'll save that idea and hand it off to Niall if you think that's cute. Not really my thing."