Chapter 19

HARRY STYLES

Six Years Ago

"So this line means that you're going to live for a really long time, and this one means that you won't be drowning in money, but you won't be poor either. And this one means that you're going to fall madly in love tonight."

I laughed at that last one in particular as she continued tracing the lines in my palm. "You can't actually read this shit, can you?"

"Of course I can," she scoffed like she was genuinely offended by my skepticism. "This one means that you're about to be kissed in three...two–"

I beat her to the punch, figuring that I had kissed her enough times that night that one more couldn't hurt. Only that time, I could feel the difference from the alcohol we had been consuming. The kiss was wetter and our lips didn't quite match up how they should have. Either way, I had to force myself to pull back, and she still persisted for another one after that.

"I like kissing you a lot," she slurred a bit, wetting her lips as she slowly opened her sage green eyes.

I nodded like an absolute fucking idiot as the pub seemed to be getting louder around us. All I could seem to do was just stare at every square inch of her face until I had it memorized. Even then, I didn't want to look anywhere else.

"Do you wanna go?" She tilted her head to kiss the side of my jaw.

"Mhm," I smiled as I felt her tongue on my neck in the next second, insisting on at least starting to leave a mark there before we stood to pay our tab and leave.

The pub we went to was only about a five-minute walk from campus–ten if you were intoxicated. Scarlett and I both kept stumbling over our own feet and each other as she switched back and forth from holding my arm and hand close to her body. I couldn't believe that I had just arrived at school from Manchester a few hours ago and I was already holding hands with a girl after kissing her for almost two hours straight.

"This way," she started striding across the courtyard with more determination to get to the girls' dorms, but she stopped us near the side of the building rather than the front. "C'mere."

She backed into the brick wall with a quiet grunt just like I did when she yanked me in until my hips bumped hers. When they were aligned the best they could be with our height difference, I watched her lips part as she snuck her hands up the white tank that I was wearing under my flannel. For a guy who had never had sex before, I had never wanted to do that so badly in my life as I did right then.

"Kiss me," she laughed as I just stood there and looked down at her mostly exposed body in her extremely cropped and semi-sheer white tank. She wasn't wearing a bra, but she might as well have not been wearing the top either, and her shorts were so tiny that they could have passed for underwear made out of denim. And she looked so fucking good in all of it.

But, as she demanded, I leaned in to kiss her with enough accidental force that her head lightly hit the wall, but she moaned in my mouth anyway and took my hands to place on her small waist, forcing me to slide them up her body until they were under her tank top. I squeezed her bare breasts in both hands, feeling her smile before her tongue snuck past my lips.

We kept going back and forth between kissing fast with quick wandering hands and kissing slowly with our fingers tugging lightly at the other person's clothes. I didn't know what time it was, but my lips and jaw were practically sore from overuse until we stopped to breathe and take a break.

"You can touch me, y'know," she bit down on her bottom lip and moved my hands to her ass, laughing as I squeezed on impulse.

"Where?"