31. 𝕾𝖙𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝓛𝖔𝖔𝓴𝖘.

Start from the beginning

After hearing about the microphones part, Bhabhi and I gasped in shock.

" Mom? Microphone? If they find out....." I didn't know what to say.

" Let them. They wouldn't be able to do anything about it. This is all a power-play for them and it's time to let them know who their Queen is. Siya, you are Queen in every possible manner but one. The public needs a coronation and we give them one. That's how Vani will be shown her actual place. Will you please go through with it?" Mom asked in a pleading tone, leaving me stunned for a minute.

" Umm....coronation? Isn't that excessive mom?" I genuinely couldn't digest that it was still a ritual!

" Not at all Siya. This is the perfect opportunity to show Vani that no matter what, you are the Queen. What she thinks does not matter jack shit, politely." Preeti bhabhi agreed with mom as they gave each other an understanding nod.

" Well...I guess this can't do any harm." I finally muttered after taking a minute, or ten, I wasn't really sure.

" No." Mom gave me an encouraging smile which I somehow found myself returning.

" Okay okay okay. We'll talk about the rest of it later. Siya, don't keep Arjun waiting now!" Bhabhi suddenly changed the topic as we stood and she literally pushed me out of the door, giggling and I heard mom laugh too as I walked away in embarrassment.

I was actually feeling happy till I came face-to-face with her, yet again.

" Hello Your Highness, plans?" She tried to mock me and had an evil smile playing on her lips with the same evil glint in her eyes and I rolled my eyes.

" I do, as a matter of fact. You see, my life isn't as sad is yours, honey. I don't have to depend for entertainment on anyone. My husband keeps me on my toes." I replied, giving her an overly sweet, diabetic smile and she almost visibly cringed before composing herself again.

" Well well well, your husband is a boring man, Siya. He really doesn't know how to keep a woman entertained. I know it, well, because of experience, you see." She flared her nose and I couldn't help but laugh at her.

" Honey I can vouch for myself and I'd like to tell you that there hasn't been one dull day in my life since my marriage. He, well....let's just say that your ex-husband and my husband are very, very different people and leave it at that. Also, just a reminder, the dinner for freeloaders has begun. Why don't you and your Amar and go eat?" I ended our conversation with another smile and walked away, without giving her a chance to reply back. If there was absolutely any doubt about going through the coronation in my mind, it was all gone now.

I had just taken another turn in one of the endless pathways in the Palace when I suddenly came face-to-face with Arjun and immediately halted my steps.

" Oh my God you scared me half to death Ranaji!" I accused him, narrowing my eyes at him and kept a hand on my chest to calm my racing heart down but the side of his lips were just slightly twisted in amusement.

" So Mrs. Siya Arjun Singh Rajvanshi, there hasn't been a dull day in your life ever since you married me now, is it?" He asked and his hands were wrapped around my waist as he pulled me towards him and my eyes widened before they narrowed at him.

" You were listening." I accused.

" I happened to be walking in my palace when I overheard my wife talk. For that, I cannot be accused, Little Flower." He raised an eyebrow and I gave him a stern, annoyed look.

" Who happened to be talking to your ex-wife. An ex-wife, this current wife was kept in dark about." I snapped, breaking free of his hold and started to march away from him and suddenly, I found tears forming in my eyes as I stormed away from Arjun who was following me.