Luke, Red Carpet

Requested by Harry_styles_4_life_

Maddie's POV

'Luke, c'mon' I say shaking his shoulder lightly. Luke had felt sick this morning and decided to try and sleep it off before the Brits. He just groans at me, rolling over to go back to sleep. 'Luke, I will get Michael' I tell him, he rolls back over to look at me, 'you wouldn't dare' he tells me in his rough sleepy voice. 'You know I would' I challenge, see Michael has his own way of getting Luke out of bed, ironic because Luke is always awake before Michael's lazy ass. Luke doesn't say anything and just closes his eyes to go back to sleep, I walk away to get Michael, finding him in the kitchen with a mouth full of toast, 'Come do your trick' you tell Michael who instantly knows what you mean, he follows you to yours and Luke's shared bedroom to see Luke has pulled the cover over his face. Michael pulls the cover away and Luke is facing away from us, 'Mads, It's cold' he mumbles into the pillow not realizing its Michael that pulled the cover away. 'C'mon dude' Michael says, picking Luke up from under his knees and around his back. Luke groans and starts to squirm in Michaels arms, 'no, c'mon we have Brits in an hour' Michael says, putting Luke on his feet. 'Fineee' Luke whines, walking towards the closet and grabbing his pre-prepared outfit for the day. 'We'll be downstairs' I tell him as me and Michael walk downstairs.

*half hour later*

We heard Luke coming down the stairs and turned to look at him, he didn't look much better than he did this morning. 'Feel any better' Ashton asks and Luke shakes his head sitting beside me and resting his head on my shoulder, I put my hand on his forehead and felt for a fever. 'Luke you're burning' I tell him, he just groans and buries his face in my neck. 'You okay to go to the Brits?' Calum asks, 'yeah, can I have medicine first though?' Luke asks, looking up to me, his eyes begging for help. 'Sure, what hurts?' I ask, rubbing my hand up and down his back. 'My head and belly hurt and I feel sick' he tells me. 'Okay babe' I say, standing up to go to the kitchen. When I come back Luke has his head on Michael's shoulder, they're so close it's cute. I hand Luke the painkillers and water and he sits up to take them before I give him stomach soothers to stop him from feeling sick. 'The car's outside' Ashton says, putting his phone back in his pocket. We all get up to leave, Luke staying close to me.

*skip the car ride*

We pull up and the Brits car park, Luke jumping out instantly, one hand on the top of the car and the other protectively across his stomach. 'Doing okay?' I ask walking over to him. 'Kinda' he says, the nauseous feeling passing. 'C'mon then' I say, he slightly leans into my side as we catch up with the boys.

Luke's POV

I feel really sick, I know I must look as bad as I feel and my thoughts are confirmed when Ashton looks at my face looking like he was in deep thought, 'Luke you're pale as hell' he tells me, 'I can't look that bad' I say, hoping he is over exaggerating. 'Luke, you're paler than Mike' Calum tells me, I look to Michael and my face drops when he realize just how bad I must look ... Michael's on the verge of being pure vampire. 'Thanks' Michael says sarcastically, 'you know you're a sheet Mikey' Maddie says beside me. 'Are you sure you're gonna okay?' Michael asks, getting over being called pale. 'Yeah, just as long as you stay next to me just in case' I say, looking at Maddie as she nods, 'course I will' a small smile creeps onto my face then soon enough drops when I realize we are near the end of the red carpet, I can hear the screams already. 'And ... go' some random guys says to us, ushering us towards the red carpet. We walk down the red carpet, screams getting louder, making my headache worse. Ashton and Calum walk down first with me, Michael and Maddie behind, them either side of me for support. We only get half way down the red carpet when I feel my stomach muscles tighten, I know what's coming and I panic, 'Mads ... Maddie' I say, getting her attention away from the cameras. 'What's wrong?' she asks concerned, 'I don't feel good ... I really really don't feel good' I tell her, I can feel tears in my eyes as my stomach fights me, I try holding it all down but It's not going to work. 'Michael, we need to get off this carpet quick' Maddie tells him, starting to walk a little faster, 'M-m-Maddie' I stutter, I can feel my small breakfast ready to rush up my throat at any second and I'm not gonna be able to stop it. 'Breath, Luke' she tells me, I can hear a few fans shouting to Maddie and Michael asking what's wrong with me. 'Oh god' I say as vomit rushes up my throat, before Maddie even has chance to say anything I'm leaning over with my hands on my knees and throwing up onto the floor. I start to panic when I can't catch my breath, 'M-m-Mads' I stutter before throwing up even more, getting it all over my shoes and on Maddies floor length dress. 'I-I'm sorry' I say as she rubs my back, 'It's fine Lu, calm down' she tells me, I feel Michael rubbing my arm. I start to catch my breath as I stop vomiting, looking up to see Ashton, Michael, Calum and Maddie blocking the cameras and fans seeing me, 'C'mon dude' Ashton says, helping me stand up properly, all 4 of them still blocking the view the whole walk into a room beside the red carpet. I sit on a chair that someone guided me too; I'm not even paying attention anymore. Maddie crouches down in front of me and looks into my glassy eyes, as the events of the last few minutes sink in I start to cry, tears slowly streaming down my face as I realize I just threw up, on the red carpet, in front of millions of people and cameras, on me and Maddie ... It's so embarrassing, it's going to go viral. Between the thoughts setting in and how terrible I felt right now I broke down, violently crying into my hands and I felt the boys and Maddie hug me, someone pulling my hands away to look at me, 'Lu, what's wrong?' someone asks, the female voice telling me it's Maddie. 'T-that was s-so embarrassing and everyone s-saw and oh m-my god I f-feel so horrible right n-now' I cry, Maddie hugs me right and I cry into her shoulder before pulling away again, 'I-I threw up a-all over y-your dress and m-my shoes' I start to cry even harder when Michael walks over with a change of clothes for both of us. 'C'mon Lu, let's get changed' Maddie says helping me up and into the bathroom across the small room. Once we're in the bathroom I break down even more, 'c'mon, you're gonna feel better once you're changed into comfortable clothes, the guys have called the car for us so we can go back to the flat yeah?' Maddie tells me, I wipe the tears from my eyes a little. Maddie lets go of me for a matter of seconds and I lose my balance, Maddie grabs my waist and steadies me and I wrap my arms around the back of her neck as she helps me out of my tight black jeans and into sweats, then helping me take my black blazer and shirt off before pulling Calum's NASA shirt on, I can't even be bothered to ask why I'm wearing Calum's shirt, Maddie helps me to the door and shouts Michael to help me back to the couch before she goes back into the bathroom to change herself.

*3 days later*

Maddie's POV

 Today was the first day Luke should have gone back to work after recovering from the stomach bug but he couldn't get out of the flat, neither of us could, fans and media surrounded the flat. All the fans where there to see if Luke was okay but the media wanted gossip, gossip they would twist into something and post around for the world to see. Luke was still a little weak which ment he was also a little emotional about it all. 'Do you want me to go down?' I ask as Luke starts to call Ashton, 'no, it's just gonna give them something to write about' Luke says before Ashton picks up and Luke explains what's happening. Once he hangs up he turns to me, 'Ashton's coming over, hopefully able to distract the media long enough for me to run round the back and into the van, it's got black out windows so I should b okay' he tells me, grabbing his coat and wallet ready to leave. 'Okay, be safe' I tell him, kissing him before he walks to the back entrance waiting for Ashton's signal.

I looked out of the window a checked the van was gone before going down to the lobby, bracing myself as I walked into the crowd of people. The fans screamed when they saw me and the media swarmed around me, questions from all angles, 'how did it feel to have Luke vomit on the red carpet?', 'were you mad at Luke?', 'Is it true it was a publicity stunt?', 'Is it true Luke vomited on Michael after leaving the red carpet?' were just some of the questions I heard before managing to shut them up. 'Stop! I'm not telling any of you anything if you don't be quiet!' I shouted and they all shut up. 'Right ... Luke hadn't felt too good all day but continued because he did not want to let the fans down, he tried to stop himself vomiting but couldn't. He is better now and is back to work' I tell them before walking back inside, ignoring all the screams and questions after.

*hours later*

'Maddie!' Luke shouted as he came through the door, I've seen all the magazine articles and tweets so I'm not 100% sure if he was mad or not. 'Okay, before you say anything ... I was helping okay, they backed off didn't they?' I said, trying to defend myself before he said anything, 'Mads ... It's fine. Management told us that all of the magazine articles said basically what happened with a few unimportant lies and the concern from the fans beat the magazines by a landslide. You did help, it's all stopped and everyone has the true story' he tells me, hugging me, I sigh in relief knowing I didn't cause more problems and he isn't had at me.