Chapter 15: The Banquet

Comincia dall'inizio

"But how?" she asked, now gazing at y/n. "The Valorant Legion recruited me," y/n explained, knowing that his one sentence was enough to convey the complexities of his decision. The Legion's needs are always prioritized, after all.

"I see. Did you join them just for this?" she inquired further, wanting to understand his motivations. "No, not really," y/n said as he walked closer towards the two, sensing the intensity of the moment. "But, this," he said as he placed his hand on Bilal's shoulder and continued, "is everything to you, no?" he said, emphasizing the significance of their reunion.

Hazal was a mix of emotions – grateful, relieved, and slightly annoyed. "You... really got your nose into this one. Couldn't leave it alone, could you?" she said with a hint of irritation.

Y/n stood there, not offering an immediate response, letting her words sink in. "You stubborn idiot," Hazal said with a half-smile, half-frown. Without any warning, she pulled him into an embrace, her fingers gripping the back of his suit. "Thank you," she whispered, her voice filled with emotion.

Moments after returning the embrace, y/n called out to her, "Hazal, I need a favor from you," he interjected. Hazal nodded, wiping away her tears, and looked at y/n with a curious expression. "What do you need?"

Y/n took a deep breath before speaking, "I need your help, Hazal. There's something big going on, and I can't do it alone. I need someone I can trust..."

.

.

.

Dubai, Alpha earth

Among the guests, Viper noticed a well-dressed man with a distinctive golden tattoo. He approached her with a graceful bow and extended his hand, asking, "May I have this dance, mademoiselle? "

"Yes, of course," Viper replied with a charming smile, accepting his offer. She discreetly pressed a button on her bracelet, signaling Brimstone that she had located their target. As they moved to the center of the ballroom, the man bowed gracefully and introduced himself, "Vincent Fabron. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Viper bowed back slightly before introducing herself, with a false identity, "Elizabeth North, the pleasure is mine." 

The two then held one another's hand and started their dance among the many couples in the room. Moments after they started dancing, Vincent broke their silence with a conversation. "I must say, Ms. North, I couldn't help but notice your charm from far away. It makes me wonder what such a beautiful woman does for a living" he said. "You flatter me, Mr. Fabron. I own Serenity Gallery," Viper replied.

"Ah, yes. Serenity Gallery. A prestigious jewelry designer, I see." the man replied, acknowledging the reputation of Serenity Gallery. In turn, Viper cautiously inquired about his own profession as he gracefully spun her in the dance, "What about you Mr. Fabron? May I ask about your occupation?" 

"I do many things for a living, Ms. North. But I must admit, I am a weapons designer," Vincent replied with a hint of mystery.

"Intriguing, Mr. Fabron. What kind of weapons do you design?" Viper asked, attempting to gather more information.

"The ones used by Kingdom," he revealed, causing a subtle tension to surge through Viper's body. "I suppose that explains why you are here," Viper commented.

As they continued dancing, Vincent noticed the ring adorned on Viper's hand. "I see you have a fiancé. A bit unfortunate for someone as charming as you," Vincent remarked.

Viper maintained her composure, "Yes, it's a long engagement," she said, deflecting the conversation from her personal life.

Their dance carried on as Viper skillfully navigated the conversation, trying to extract any valuable information about Vincent's involvement with Kingdom and illegal weapon dealings.