015. our ending, new beginnings

Start from the beginning

— — —

"I'll tell you, jail is no fun, Kai."

The sociopath's eyes widened at Margot's words. He was so shocked he choked on his pancakes. "You've been to jail?"

She nodded nonchalantly as she stabbed her fork into a pancake, "Once, in Monopoly. Fucking Damon, eh?"

Kai nodded, "What a dick."

"That's what I said!" Margot agreed with a bright smile, glancing over when she heard Klaus enter the kitchen.

He sent her a smile as he moved to sit beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She immediately responded, leaning into his touch.

Kai smiled. He was happy for her. Truly happy... Or as happy as a sociopath could be.

He had spent the night in Klaus and Margot's home, sleeping in the spare bedroom. He had been alone for so long. He didn't want to leave them.

Just then, Bonnie and Damon entered, not bothering to knock before they walked into the kitchen. "Did you get anything out of him yet?" Damon asked, carrying a fire poker on his shoulder.

Margot sighed, "No, Damon. And we are not torturing him." She glanced back at Kai, "Do you know how to get out of here?"

Kai nodded without hesitance. He would never lie to her. After everything they had been through, he couldn't.

"We need Bennett magic. That's why I pulled the whole i'm-going-to-murder-one-of-your-only-friends act. I needed her magic to come back."

"Why my magic? Margot has tons," Bonnie pointed out as she leaned against the counter, staying a few safe feet away from the new person. She didn't fully trust him. Who could blame her though?

"Bennett magic created this place so it needs to be Bennett magic to destroy it. Margot has Orion magic and I have Gemini, ergo, we can't do shit."

Damon rolled his eyes as he glanced down at Margot, "You know he killed his family right? It was in the paper."

Margot nodded, "I knew that before we got here, Damon. And you have no room to judge, you've killed Stefan how many times? Tormented him for the last 165 years. Stefan killed your Dad and you were happy about it – you praised him for it, Damon. And when I killed my family you did the exact same thing."

The vampire sighed, "I hate it when you're right."

Kai's eyes brightened, "You killed your family? I raised you well."

Margot chuckled, choosing not to answer Kai and to stay on track with Damon's words. "No, you hate it when you're wrong, Damon. So what else do we need, Kai? I'm assuming it's not just magic."

Kai smiled. She was always so smart. "There is an ascendant. It was used to harness the power of the eclipse to create a portal to this dimension. If we find it, and Bonnie does the spell, we can get out."

"What's the catch?" Damon asked.

"I don't know where the ascendant is and only Bonnie can find it," Kai explained, casting his eyes up at the witch who stood glaring at him.

"I'll need your blood," she said. "I'll grab my things and we'll do the spell at the boarding house."

— — —

Everyone had left the small Salvatore-Mikaelson home, which left Margot and Klaus alone in their thoughts.

Margot smiled brightly as she played with the hair at the nape of his neck, "We're finally going home, puppy."