Hiro x Karmi Part 23

H

As I waited for someone to answer the door, I looked around at the neighborhood and the house. This was a very wealthy neighborhood. Karmi's house, small, but expensive, stood out from the others. I prayed that it would be Karmi who answered the door. She did.

"Hiro! He—oh wow..."she said smiling, before changing to a surprised expression, her face even redder than the day before.

"Hey! Is uh- everythinggg okay?" I asked. I caught her looking me up and down, and she looked like she was almost in a trance— lost in me... Weird!

"Hm? Oh! Uh- Yep! Come in!" She said, gesturing to her open door. I walked inside, and it surprisingly looked like the same quality of furniture that Aunt Cass has. I would've thought it would be rich on the inside, but I don't think I would be comfortable then. But here, the room smelling like her, pictures of her on the wall... I don't know, I just felt relaxed being in there. A moment later, a tall man with tan skin and dark brown hair, wearing a blue collared shirt and pants came waltzing in. He was like a lamppost compared to me. W-whatever! I can be a man too! I mean, he's not THAT intimidati—

"Sweetie, you're dating a shrimp??" He turned to his daughter. Um! Rude! Okay yeah I'm a little smaller but, th-the man JUST met me! 

"Dad!!" She scowled at him, then faced me with a competitive smile. "He's a CUTE shrimp!"

"Haha! Now I can work with that!" He said, patting my shoulder. She gave me two thumbs up. I...guess this means he likes me?? Soon, a woman, who seemed tall for her gender and age, strutted in. She had a fiery flame to her like I have never seen. You could predict what kind of sass was going to come out of her mouth. She looked down at me, studying my face closely. I awkwardly smiled and waved. I could tell she didn't like me. Because of this, I knew I would get DESTROYED over my height. But surprisingly, after a moment, her face melted to an approving smile. 

"Hello! Uh... Hiro, is it? We are so happy to finally meet you!" 

"Yeah! N-nice to meet you too!" I shook her hand. She looked at Karmi and nodded her head. Karmi's face lit up. I assume this is good news for me?

"Please, do sit! Ugh, my Karmi just won't stop talking about you here!" She said, sitting on a velvet couch. I raised an eyebrow and smiled. 

"Oh! Dooeeesss she now??" I said, sitting next to Karmi. She looked slightly embarrassed, blushing and grinning, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh yes!! "Oh Hiro made me this today!" "Hiro looked really cute today!" Haha! Anyways, you go to SFIT? I hear you're a robotics major??" She said, mimicking her daughter. Karmi's face was a mix of embarrassment and excitement.

"Interesting..." I said, sliding into a flirty side smile, making an effort to make eye contact with Karmi. Her gaze dodged all around, trying to avoid me, occasionally ending up meeting my gaze. "Uh.. yep! Robotics major..." I said nervously. I was afraid she would disapprove for some reason. But instead, her face turned into a look of awe. 

"Really! Oh, I've always wondered how you lot do it! I could never get the hang of it in college. And my proffeser didn't help either..." Karmi and I both whipped our heads toward each other. 

"Granville???" We said in unison.

"Why, yes! Wait-s-she still works there?!" 

"Ehhh.... Some wish she didn't!" I said. Both Karmi and her mother bursted out laughing. They have the same cute laugh. After a bit of talking, dinner was placed in front of each of them by the dad. A-aunt Cass's sushi?

"This... looks farmiliar... Lucky cat catering?" I asked.

"Yes!" She said, picking up her chopsticks.

"Mom, that's Hiro's aunt." Karmi mentioned. I was scared that this would bring up the topic of, "where are your parents?". Thankfully, it didn't. In fact, the rest of the time went by great, and the mom seemed to like me a lot. I kept catching Karmi's eyes getting lost looking at me, kind of like I did with her. M-maybe it's the shirt?? Ehhh whatever. After a stroll back to the cafe, I confidently walked through the front door.

"Hey Hiro! How did it go??" Aunt Cass asked.

"Perfect...." I sighed.

Everything feels... perfect...

Thank you so much for reading! Pleaseeee leave any suggestions for plots you want in comments!