Hiro x Karmi Part 1

It has been 2 weeks since the mascot fight. Hiro decided to take summer classes, as did the others. Honey lemon and Gogo continued to share an apartment, closer than ever, Fred got a part-time job at Noodle Burger, and Wasabi released a small article in the science of plasma blades. Gogo and Honey lemon were working on assignments in the main lab and physic engineering hall. Fred was working, Wasabi was in his sterile office, and Hiro in Tadashi's lab. 

"Baymax, hand me those elasticity dampers" said hero, not taking his eyes off his work. Baymax slowly pulled the materials off he desk and gave it to Hiro. He continued to work, and eventually paused, remembering the moment he saw Karmi's empty lab. "Hiro, your slumped shoulders, and lowered dopamine levels are indicators that you are... sad. Is there something wrong?" 

"N-no, no Baymax. I uh... I'm fine..." Hiro said , still looking sad. "I'm just gonna... walk around for a bit." This was the best excuse he could fashion for wanting to see Karmi's lab once more. Even he couldn't explain it! "Walking, is an... excellent source of... exercise, which has many benefits to one's health, such as, increased mood, joint strength, heart rate regulation—"

Baymax said, even as Hiro was exiting the lab. He held his hands in his pockets, looking down at the floor as he walked through the main lab and engineering hall where Honey lemon and Gogo were working. Bubble gum popped loudly. "What's up with you?" Said Gogo, very blunt and straightforward. "Oh, Hiro is everything okay?" Asked Honey lemon, sympathetically and worried. "Yeah, guys, I'm fine. I'm just uh... going to get some fresh air...." This was unusual for him, as he normally doesn't exit the school until dark, never breaking like this outside. "Yeah. Something's definitely up." Said Gogo. "Maybe we should just let it go?" Suggested Honey lemon, not sounding confident in her statement. Meanwhile, Hiro couldn't stop staring at the floor as he walked, as memories flooded in. Her face when he rescued her from Momakase, her hug when they succeeded in the project for Di, how it felt to hold her after her transformation from a monster to human, and how amazing everything always seems when he thinks about her. His daydream was eventually grounded to a halt when he saw it. The doors leading to her lab. Last time he had seen the lab, the doors were flung open, emphasizing her absence. But now the doors were tightly shut. 

Upon discovering the doors shut, a spark of hope was ignited. (Maybe... maybe she moved back in!) he thought. He stopped, and just as he was about to knock on the door, Professor Granville appeared, almost as if she had materialized into thin air.  "Mr. Hamada!" Said Professor Granville, firmly. As usual, her sudden appearance spooked Hiro. "AHH!" Hiro yelped and nearly fell over. "I do hope you're continuing your assignment soon. Remember, it is 30% of your grade!" Still shooken, Hiro said, "Uh YEAH YEAH ABSOLUTELY!" With a nervous laugh. 

Granville turned to see what room they were I front of. Hiro noticed this, and decided to take his chances. "Uh.. has uh.. Karmi moved back in? I MEAN NOT THAT I CARE OR ANYTHING!!"

Granville gave a sly, suggesting smirk so expressive it could make any student feel uncomfortable. "Yes, she has also began summer classes, and like you, will be continuing in the fall. Her parents felt that the city has become... safer, thanks to some hero's...." Hiro still couldn't get used to Granville knowing their identities. "Oh! Uh, cool.." Hiro said, playing with a fidget cube Baymax gave him anxiously. "Yes... I will see you in class." Said Granville. "Yeah-sounds good..." said Hiro, turning to the door. He turned it look if Granville was still there, but just as she had materialized in front of him, she was suddenly gone. 

Please comment if you'd like a part 2! I would love to keep writing these, and I am open to constructive criticism!