Hiro x Karmi Part 5

Back to narrators pov!

Hiro woke up to the sound of bacon, eggs, and... tortilla chips?! Aunt Cass's famous breakfast nachos. Baymax slowly inflated out of his charging port. 

"Hello. I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion. Hello, Hiro." Said Baymax. 

"Hey buddy. You ready for today?" Hiro said, playfully punching him in the arm.

"There is... nothing special written in your calendar for today. Would you like me to add something?" Asked Baymax.

"What? No, no, Baymax, I-I meant, like are you ready to start the day?" Hiro corrected.

"Yes. I will note this in my Database"

Hiro then began to get ready for the day, throwing on a hoodie and throwing a comb through his hair, shoving a few pencils in his bag, and some microbots as well. After running downstairs and grabbing some breakfast nachos to go, he dashed out the lucky cat door, Baymax trailing behind him. 

"Bye Aunt Cass!" He yelled as he dashed out the door.

He managed to get to class just in time. Nanorobotics. One of his favorite classes for more than a few reasons... just as he sat, the bell rang, and Baymax awkwardly squished himself into a chair. Karmi took her  place, one seat level below the two. Once they both had looked around, they discovered that this seating arrangement wasn't bad at all... Just as Hiro began to get lost in thoughts staring at Karmi's long brown hair, the bell rang. 

"Good morning, students." Said Professor Granville, entering in a professional and neat attire, crisp and sharp. 

"Today we will begin by taking a small quiz based on what we have learned the past three days. I do hope you all have been taking notes..." it was this moment when Hiro glanced down at his neatly written, but crumpled and torn notebook paper notes. Slight panic, but still legible. He watched as Karmi pulled out a perfectly preserved, neatly written, even color-coded notes out of her bag. (Oh- perfectionist, huh?) Hiro thought smiling. 

"Notes may be used. Begin!" Instructed Granville.

Hiro stared down at the paper in front of him. He scoffed at the level of difficulty this assignment was. He of course, sped through, only glancing at his notes once or twice for confirmation. Karmi took note of this, staring, jaw-open at him. Hiro also took note of her surprise. Unsure of what to say or do, he just smiled and waved. Karmi's expression then changed to a nervous expression, as she flipped over her paper to reveal nothing written, except for 3 pink question marks. It was clear that the notes, while pretty, did not seem to be practical. Hiro silently laughed upon seeing this, and proceeded to write down answers on a small notebook paper. He tried to make it look as legible as possible. After a minute, he handed her the paper. 

While confused at first to what was written, once she realized the action, her expression yet again changed to an unforgettable expression of pure gratitude and love. One look at that face was enough. Baymax was trained to write messages to Hiro during class on his stomachs as to not cause a distraction during class. Baymax's stomach showed a message in red font reading, "Hiro, you are showing elevated heart rate levels, and you are perspiring from your palms. There is also an increase in blood flow towards your face."

Karmi paused from writing the exam to look at what Baymax had written. Before she could say anything, Hiro had attempted to cover the message, blushing wildly, in an awkward position, showing both nervousness, and embarrassment. He couldn't even look at Karmi in the eye, and focused again on the exam, after of course, putting Baymax on silent. 

Humiliated, Hiro eventually Managed to look up from the exam, only to see the biggest smile on Karmi's face he had ever seen. Her face was also a mix, not of embarrassment, but of love and affection, with a hint of flirtatious nature in. Suddenly he wasn't too focused on the message she had seen...

Thank you so so so much for reading again! This means so much to me!