19|to ache

-almost forgot it's Friday-

Часы

I stared at the clock ticking while perched on the couch in the sitting area. When it hit midnight, I knew for sure that Dmitri Valastro had a place he usually went to every night.

It sounded like some sort of ritual was done every midnight, and it gave a dark vibe. There was a hidden voice that kept provoking me to fear the man I got myself wrapped into.

To be frank, life in the mansion was starting to get boring. Grandma was like a monitoring spirit. She was everywhere trying to make sure I was a good wife. So I was on the third floor, alone.

Dmitri was probably having fun in the club, doing what a normal single man would do. After all, we weren't really married. From the way things looked, he used me to sabotage a marriage with Malia, that was all he wanted, but he was not in to spend even a second with me.

The only way to have him back with Malia was by spending some time with him. That was supposed to happen in the evenings because he was always at work during the day. But where was he?

It was nearing 1 Am when my heavy eyes refused to keep up. I gently leaned on the couch to take a few minutes to rest. I wanted to see how he usually returns home, spying on him was the only way.

Once I was in a good position I could sleep like a baby, the sound of a door sliding open caught me. I sat up swiftly and looked behind at the entrance of our house.

There he was.

He walked in looking all unbothered. He was carrying a bouquet of roses. He had seen me and was now walking to me with his heavy steps echoing in the room.

My eyes never left his. I wished I could look at him and know everything about him. But there was a feeling that there was a man hidden behind his eyes.

He stood in front of me and handed me the red roses. I stared at them and then back at him, making sure I maintained the serious look I put on.

"What's this?"

"Peace offering." He pushed it to me, I hated the smile on his lips, you couldn't tell what he found worthy smiling at.

A sigh escaped my lips that found me getting up. "I don't like flowers." I declared then walked off to where I believed it was the bedroom, but when I opened the door, I realized I walked into the study room.

I whirled to walk out but fell on him. He was already leaning against the door frame. The bouquet was still clutched in his hands.

"I said I don't like flowers."

"Then get rid of them."

I stared at him for a moment before I nodded. "Fine." I went to him and grabbed the flowers then walked to a dustbin in the room. Without hesitation, I tossed the flowers in it and dusted my hands. "There, now, can I make my way out?"