𝘼𝙣𝙮 𝙎𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙎𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙢 (𝟏)

Start from the beginning

'Please tell me what I did wrong. I'm sorry, I promise I won't do it again.'

Hunter opened the doors to the meeting room quite frustrated. You followed behind him lost in thought.

He called out to the two remaining Coven Heads, "Darius, Eberwolf. Why is everyone leaving? We're scheduled to have a recruitment meeting."

Darius sighed in annoyance, "Good morning to you too, little prince, Dragonfly. We decided to reschedule the recruitment meeting. So you two go play arts and crafts or whatever it is you two do."

You were brought back upon hearing your nickname.

"Oh and Dragonfly, I hope you enjoyed the gift," Darius said referring to the scroll he gave you not too long ago.

You traced a yellow circle summing your scroll, "I did. Thank you very much, Darius," You finished with a smile.

Darius raised a brow at Hunter's project and his goo grabbed the cape while you put your gift in your pocket.

"Oh, looks like you already started," Darius chuckled, "This is impressively bad. Dragonfly, I know you could do better work than the little prince if you tried."

Darius took the cape into the light, "Wait...is this the old Golden Guard signal?"

Hunter was infuriated, "Of course it is! And this is no way to treat the Emperor's-"

Darius interrupted the boy, "Nephew? I knew your predecessor," He smiled in thought, "He was my mentor. One of the strongest witches I've ever known. But you...hmm."

Hunter looked to the floor, "Belos says I don't need magic to serve in the Emperor's coven."

"And I say, you don't deserve to wear that patch," Darius said walking away with Eberwolf.

You slightly glared at Darius, you knew that sometimes he could take things too far.

"He's trying his best and beyond that," You defended.

Hunter sent you a small grateful smile before turning towards Darius, "Wait. So, what should I do? How do I...earn it?"

Darius groaned in annoyance, "Sweet mother of Titans. I-I don't know. Find new recruits for the Emperor's Coven. The best and the brightest witches in all the land. Then maybe you can get this back."

Hunter gave him a determined look, "I'll do it."

Darius walked away once more, "Of course you will. You're very good at doing exactly what you're told."

...

Hunter peeked from behind a stand talking to Flapjack who flew on his shoulder, "Look at all these potential recruits. Sure, I've never really spoken to witches my age besides Y/n. Teens are probably into the same things as me. Like authority and rules!"

Hunter turned back to you, "Right Y/n?"

You shared a look with Comso who was laying on your head.

You had that special twinkle in your eye, "Not sure why you're asking me...But, yep they sure do. Love rules and authority nothing beats that. Go get 'em liger."

"Honestly he was about to go out in his full Golden Guard uniform if I didn't get these disguises," You whispered to Cosmo who laughed in his own platypus way.

Hunter felt a jolt of excitement from his bracelet but brushed it off before heading toward a fellow teen.

You gave an amused and excited smile before walking away and looking around. You grabbed Cosmo from your head and cradled him like a baby.