ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪx

༒☬𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓☬༒

Kanashimi pants as if he was a dog, he was out of breath, the sun was already going down, his world appeared to be spiraling, with everything becoming multiples, he caught himself on the wall, while his legs became weak. He looked like a tattered doll, measly thrown on the ground, and torn, his appearance was not so neat anymore now muddied and disgusting, with his eyepatch removed, in his pockets. He felt his throat tightening, the sensation he knew all too well, as he began to weep silently, if he did produce any noise he would surely die...  Kanashimi just wanted to go see his dad again, maybe being his child was not the wisest choice, and that doubt made Kanashimi feeling guilty.. He is such a despicable child to think so badly of his father. After all Karlhinez provided him with a home, and the attention he so desired.

He needed to stop thinking about such things; however, this was certainly no place to think about his feelings, when he spotted a glimmer of hope.. A castle, perhaps an aristocrat knows of his father, or even an ally with his father that was willing to help, but if they were an enemy they would want Kanashimi even more dead. Kanashimi is not willing to die on the streets with missing pieces from his body which will never be recovered, as just some piece of meat, but maybe they will devour his entire body. Which means his physical body will be stuck here, whereas he will never return home. That being said, Kanashimi began to hit his tiny fist against the door, it was all in luck how he was just running around then managed to even find something that resembled a civilization.

     "State your business! Who are you?!" A loud roar caused Kanashimi to feel his heart race, he then began to sob louder. Ghouls in prestigious uniforms all held their rifles in his face.

     "Father! Father!" He sobbed, his cries caused one of the guards to lower his rifle, the expression of the guard was unreadable, perhaps it was annoyance or even sympathy. The guard then called out for his superior, Kanashimi was too upset to even listen in on their conversation, as he rubbed his eyes that had tears pouring down his face. It was diminishing, while they discussed his inevitable fate while rifles were still pointed in his face.

However, the superior however noticed something of the child that none of his subordinates had ever bothered to study the young child. He was obviously one of aristocratic status, his rose broach eyepatch with speckles of gold dust glossed over it. The child wore high quality leather loafers too, which appeared to be very light, unlike the poor who wore heavy boots with thick hob-nailed shoes. He was also obviously well-fed too, most children that lived in Rotigenberg were very unfortunate and grew scrawny and frail, with swollen bellies, and sunken faces begging for food on the streets, many not meeting their adult years. So the superior did indeed have plenty of questions as to why a child of high status managed to even be here in the desolate lands of Rotigenberg, which was rather suspicious.

     "Now, tell me, child, who is your father–" He looked down at the child, only for Kanashimi who responded with loud hiccups and tears, it appeared that he was not even listening to him which irritated the guard in charge who continued to question Kanashimi with more hostility.

     "Boy–"

     "Kanashimi-chan just wants to go home!" Kanashimi cried even louder, perhaps it would take some time for these ghouls in their embroidered armor to get some sort of information from this suspicious child of unknown origins.