26 | the girl next door

—— ☁️ dedicated to minjae !!
are you happy now sanashiike
(she's holding me hostage)

it was one of those days where minjae found herself stuck in her dorm-room which practically a mess when minjae entered back inside from her classes with prof. song.
"suzi! why is there chip bags on the floor?" she asked out in frustration as she picked up the lays bag, staring at her room-mate who only waved at her with an uneasy smile on her face.

"sorry minjae! i woke up late and didn't bother to clean up the mess i made during the night because i was late to my class," the girl signed and said a sorry once more. she could hear the art major just fine from the hearing-aids she's had since the beginning of her teenage life but didn't know how to speak because from a young age, she didn't have a voice and was completely mute and deaf.
the art major just sighs, "it's fine suz, can you help me now since we're both back from our classes?" and the mute girl nods her head.

so they start cleaning. unaware that today was the day that orientation day was starting for the new exchange students.
they continued to clean until suzi signed to minjae that she was gonna take a small break.
"too tiring today?"

the girl nods before signing, "i had to deal with the new neighbor who asked if i had leftover sugar for some reason, turns out she wanted to bake something for us as a sorry gift if she's ever too loud to us," and the kroean nods, asking back a question to the girl who was nearing the bathroom, "did she give us the food yet then?"

and the deaf girl shakes her head, "no, not yet, she'll probably ring the bell in a few minutes, can you answer it if it does ring?"
"yeah sure, enjoy your shower!"

after a few minutes, the doorbell rings and the art major answers it with a curious face.

"hi, so sorry for using your sugar.. but i baked these as in an apology i guess?" and the art major is startled, frozen to her feet as she recognized the girl in front of her.
"oh? i'm sorry.. is uh.. suzi in the dorms right now? i'm such an idiot holy shit, of course each dorm has two students in them! i uhm, sorry if i disturbed you." she was about to leave with the cookies still in her grasp but minjae was quick to tell her that it was okay.

"are you sure..?"
"i'm sure haha.. would you like to come inside? i feel like we'd be great friends!" and jaesoo lets out a smile towards the shorter.

—— ☁️

and friends they became— turns out while minjae didn't like having history without yiying by her side (especially when the young soon-to-be idol had idol duties to attend during school days), she had discovered that jaesoo, the half korean-japanese she's taken quite a liking too, took history to understand the history of her mother's side of the family.
and the more they talked, the more minjae found herself attracted to jaesoo's natural nurture towards all the people she knew.

she felt loved in her presence.
and every time their skin made contact together was when minjae felt like she finally found her peace in the storm most people didn't know how to navigate, especially those who couldn't handle her burst of energy unlike yiying and dami who both had different ways to deal with her energetic self.
but minjae, despite being cheery and happy, had a habit of overthinking.

"jaesoo, am i too over-energetic?" she asked as her head laid perfectly in the older's lap who combed a hand through her hair, she nearly purred at the feeling of fingers carding through her hair but she didn't want to seem weird (she was already weird enough).
"i think being energetic is your strong point. i found it the cutest part of you actually."

safe to say, later in the night,  minjae had a large blush over her face as she searched on google the most awfully spelled sentence ever before texting her two other friends which one was already dead-asleep.

her google searches consisted of:
AM I FAY
AM I RAY
AM I GAY
AMI GAY IF I LRT A GIRL CARD HER FINGERS THROGUH MY HAIR AND I ACURLALY LIKED IT
AM J GAH IF I LET A GIRL CARD HER FINGERS THRKGUH MY HAIR AND I ACTUALALY LIKED IT SO MUCH THAT IM AHUU OH T TO LOSE MY SHIF
FUCK GOOGLE ANSWER EM
AM I ONE FOT HE QUUERRS
AM I
AM I OKE OF THE FRUITS
GOLT SHIT
AM I TURNING INTO A HOMOSE XUALA
GOD WHY IS SHE SI PRERTY

—— ☁️

minsooyi 😈😈

jazz
i am one of the queers

baekji
girl you've been one ur whole life💀💀

jazz
I RHIUGHT YYO WERE A SLEEP????

baekji
suddnely i'm dead

jazz
WIA RNO
IM SORRY
PLS
STYA IWHR ME

baekji
is that jaesoo not enough of a company for yuo

jazz
SHE ALREAYD LEFT
AND SUZI IS SLEEPIFG WITHOUT HER HEARING AIDS
I HAVE NO KNE TO TLAK TOO😭😭😭😭😭
OLS SOOJIN

baekji
it's literally only 10pm jazz
try talking to yiying
maybe she isn't asleep yet and spending time with nicholas

jazz
ew couples

baekji
don't act like you don't wanna do the same with jaesoo every night as you cuddle that plush

jazz
shutup

baekji
try texting jaesoo too

jazz
NAH NAHHHH
SHES PROABBYL ALREADY ALSEEP

baekji
you'd be surprised at how late the japanese students sleep at
according to euijoo's friends' fuma and kei, they all sleep relatively late at like 1 or 2am

jazz
should. i actually try

baekji
why not
you have nothing to risk or lose right?

—— ☁️

next door neighbor jaesoo

next door pretty minjae
what the fuck
DID I SAVE MYSELF AS THIS OR DID JAESOO DO THIS??????? WAIR A DAMN FUKUJG MJNHTE
deleted!

next door pretty minjae
uhhh
are you awake
,??????

next door neighbor jaesoo
i am
is there smth wrong mins?

next door pretty minjae
MINS????;&45!2&!(!,!?2@(!2!
NAHHHH THJS GIRL IS TRYNG TO MURDER EMEEEENSNFNSNDN
message erased!

next door pretty minjae
nah nah it's fine
i just couldn't sleep

next door neighbor jaesoo
oh maybe bcs someone is thinking about you rn
in japan we used to believe if you couldn't sleep, someone must have been thinking about you

next door pretty minjae
really??

next door neighbor jaesoo
yea!
so sorry in advance if you can't sleep tonight bcs of me