Chapter 25: School Days

I decided to go to school today as I could hang out with the main cast to farm affection and Sona had called into school to discuss something with me.

This could be considered a waste of time but at the same time, I don't have any urgent events near me at the moment. Plus I can grind some miscellaneous skills during class since Normies can't see through the curtains I place.

So I donned my sunglasses of which I possess an innumerable amount of. And my uniform before heading to school. After I arrived in class and greeted Aika which I have been purposefully leading on I sat down in my chair and waited for the teacher to come in before chanting in a voice no one could hear.

"Emerge from the darkness, blacker than darkness. Purify that which is impure." And without anyone bar Kiba noticing a small black dome had formed around me with chameleon infused to make sure nobody notices anything off inside.

After making sure everything was okay I pulled out the grimoire I had gotten as my reward for beating the crypt dungeon.

[Grimoire of the Lich]

Storage: 0

A grimoire containing the research and essence of an unknown but powerful lich. Can be used to acquire skills and store souls.

Well, that's new. I have never gotten an item like that before. Wanting to know more I opened the book and started reading.

(If you are reading this then the very last essence of my being has passed away into oblivion. This grimoire contains my legacy for my future inheritor.

This book is the accumulation of my research into the art of necromancy. The book itself is a superior soul storage capable of storing an immense amount of souls.)

After a few opening paragraphs introducing the book, a menu opened up in from of me and I realized just how huge this was.

[Current Souls Stored: 0]

Souls stored in the grimoire are automatically converted and do not retain any of their former aspects.

[Speak with the Dead - Cost: 100]

Speaking with departed souls is a convenient ability to possess for extracting information. As long as you know the deceased and possess an item connected to them and their soul hasn't perished you can summon them into the world of the living.

Beware, summoned souls may not always be cooperative.

[Trap Soul - Cost: 100]

Being able to trap souls is the most vital organ of a necromancer. Trapped souls can be used to raise dead, fuel spells, rituals, and everything one can think of.

You would need to trap souls to learn the spells of this book however this book itself is an artifact that automatically draws souls of the departed toward itself and stores them.

That's right. This goddam book was a literal skill tree of necromancy containing a library of necromancer spells and advice on using them.

To learn the spells I need to fill the book with souls before using them to learn the spells. There were mundane ones such as Preserve Corpse to ones such as Cry of the Banshee.

And then there was the summon death Knight card.

[Death Knight]

Min. Level: 100

Cost: 5

Powerful undead knights that specialize in defense. With their large stature, heavy armor, and tower shield they can tank almost any blow. While their offensive capabilities aren't impressive for their level their defensive capabilities certainly are.