Chapter 23: An Unwelcome Visitor

With my newly made undead army, it was a breeze to get through the lower floors of the dungeon. Using the priests I created new undead. I also got rid of the two rotten strays because they did fuck all.

My current army was:

10 Skeleton Soldiers, half of them started at level 20 due to my skill level and the quality of corpses while the other half was around 40.

And another was the 5 thieves. They are invaluable. With their concealment in the dark crypt, they can easily get behind the archers and mages and execute them.

There were also my 5 archers. They were pretty helpful being able to pick off enemies from a distance as my warriors stall them.

With those I reach my maximum limit but that's fine. Just these guys are enough to clear most rooms without my input thanks to the wizard and Fido.

It is also a bit embarrassing that my own wizard has more spells than me. Well, that would change very soon because my hypothesis was right. The crypt started dropping the stuff now that I was a Necromancer. Including the spells for the necromancer class.

_____________________________
[Bone Spear Lv. 4/100]

[Cost: 120CE]

Conjure and launch a spear of bone at your enemies. Dealing (Int x 1.04) piercing damage to your enemies.
_____________________________

[Detect Life Lv. 1/100]

[Cost: 100CE]

When used spreads a wave of cursed energy that detects traces of life like a sonar.
_____________________________

There was also another skill book that had dropped which was bone spikes that erupted spikes of bone from the ground but something nice happened when I tried to learn it.

[This skill is compatible with [Grave Buster] add skill to grave buster?]

With this skill fused into grave buster now I could also create spikes with grave buster, making it basically my main method of attack now.

A big reason for this was that Grave Buster as my extension technique of create undead got bonuses from both my sorcerer and my necromancer class.

While it was a tad expensive to cast the spikes they were really deadly and I could use them to pin my opponents while I cast spells at them. There was an unforeseen flaw in that though.

Almost everybody in DxD can fly. Almost effortlessly at that. This meant Grave Buster had limited use against most opponents I will face in the world unless I get a method to force them to the ground.

I can probably find a way to do that eventually.

On another note, the necromancer class is leveling up rapidly although the class itself leveled slightly slower than Sorcerer due to my high level though I dont know how much my current level affected it, it still leveled rapidly due to the fact that it was at level 0. I chose the class I was leveling up by just switching their places in my interface.

Also thanks to the stat gains from the Necromancer class my stats are booming right now.

_____________________________
[ Necromancer Lv. 25/100 ]

A magician that specializes the in the manipulation of death and raising undead.

Stat Gain:

+2 Vitality

+1 Endurance

+1 Strenght

+1 Dexterity

+3 Intelligence