Chapter 21: Out of the Darkness Part 1

Character Spotlight: Hot Rod.

Millions of Years ago on the Planet Velocitron, Hot Rod races against his best friend, Blurr. As soon as they make a turn, Blurry takes this opportunity to pass by Hot Rod and win first place. As they finish their race, they both transform into their robot modes.

Hot Rod: "Come on Blurr, that's cheating!"

Blurr: "First rule in a Velocitron race: there are no rules!" (Blurr gives Hot Rod a noogie) "You should know that, man!"

Hot Rod breaks free and looks at Bumblebee who was at the recording stand.

Hot Rod: "Bee, what does the recording show?"

Bumblebee looks at the recording that shows Blurry reaching first place.

Bumblebee: "Sorry Hot Rod, there aren't any rules against what Blurr did."

Blurr then makes a victory dance.

Blurr (Singing): "Those born on Velocitron are bound to fly, although those who think otherwise are welcome to try!" (Hot Rod cringes at this.)

Hot Rod: "Blurr, what in Cybertron's name are you doing?"

Blurr: "My victory song and dance!" (Hot Rod just walks to the next track) "Oh come on! You gotta admit it's kinda catchy." (Bumblebee walks up to Blurr and places his hand on Blurr's shoulder)

Bumblebee: "Blurr… Just don't do that again."

Blurr: "Whatever, man."

As the trio makes it to the next track, they all then notice a crashed ship covered in rust.

Hot Rod: "Oh scrap!" (He runs to the ship.)

Blurr: "What is that?"

Bumblebee: "I don't know, but I heard of something like this; a ship crashes on a surface of a metallic world and much like this one, it's covered in rust." (Blurr gasps at this) "Next thing you know, any metallic surface of the planet will be infected enough to be destroyed!"

Blurr (With fear): "You're… your kidding, right?"

As Hot Rod visually checks the ship, he then notices the Decepticon Imprint on the side of the ship. Suddenly the doors burst open to reveal a rusted Deception trooper.

Decepticon trooper: "Help… me!.." (The trio gasps at him.) "He just… left us to rust!.. as if… we're expendable!"

As the Decepticon walked further away from the ship, Bumblebee looked behind him to see more rusted Deception soldiers who died and gasps in horror.

Hot Rod: "Who? Who did this to you?!"

Decepticon trooper: "Sh- Sho-" (His hand falls from his arm to everyone's horror.) "Shock- Guh!"

Before he could say anything else, The Decepticon trooper's throat starts to rust. A second later, his head falls from his body. Blurr looks with extreme fear.