Chapter 11: Capabilities unseen (Redux)

Original Publish date: May 3, 2023
___________________________________________

Outside of Salem's Castle in the land of Darkness, Megatron has finished his lecture to Swindle with Shockwave standing by.

Megatron: "Make sure you do well to remember this Swindle. For the next time this happens again, your punishment will be more brutal."

Swindle: "Understood, Lord Megatron."

Megatron turns around to Shockwave.

Megatron: "Shockwave, what is your analysis on the unstable portal?"

Shockwave: "Usually when two space or ground bridge portals are activated at the same time, it creates an unstable portal to the Shadow Zone." (He pulls up a holographic image) "However, now that we crossed realities through the Dead Universe and activated two Ground bridge portals it created a portal to the Dead Universe."

Megatron: "Similar to the one we crossed through after the battle on Nebulon Station, all those millions of years ago."

Shockwave: "Affirmative. Not to mention the fact that it was used to assist the Autobot Bumblebee on his mission to return the Allspark to its rightful place in time. But not without meeting other variants of Cybertronians of different realities."

Hazel walks by to their attention.

Hazel: "If you don't mind me asking; what is this 'Dead Universe' you speak of?"

Shockwave: "The Dead Universe is a malevolent realm that exists beyond the plane of normal space, based on the data Megatron and the other Decepticons had kept record of."

Megatron: "It was a discovery that happened by chance. If someone hadn't been so trigger happy, we wouldn't have discovered it." (He glares at Starscream.)

Meanwhile, Salem and Watts Eavesdrop on their conversation.

Shockwave: "And according to the overall Data on the Autobot and Deception records, The Dead Universe was used for interstellar travel to travel to and from Prehistoric Earth. Both of which were accidental flight paths to their destinations."

Hazel: "So this 'Prehistoric Earth' was just one of your recorded destinations. What was the other?"

Megatron: "Our home planet of Cybertron."

Tyrian laughs with interest and joins the conversation.

Tyrian: "Oooh! Now this is interesting! I now wonder what other forces you have encountered!" (Megatron gives a confused expression.)

Megatron: "As far that goes, it may be beyond your understanding. But if I must; We encountered a Titan who referred to himself as the last Scorponok, Mercenaries, a Quintesson, Maximals & Predacon, and our Dark Future selves. Most of which are like I said, from the future."

Tyrian unwraps his scorpion tail and scratches his head with it.

Tyrian: "So Interstellar and time travel?! If that's not Fascinating enough, I don't know what is!"

Megatron: "Unfortunately after everything, we would have more data if we hadn't lost something that would have had our treaty extended and have us more prepared anything worse to happen."

Hazel: "What is it that you lost?"

Starscream then steps closer to everyone's attention, including Salem and Watts as they continue to spy on their conversation.

Starscream: "What we lost was the Golden Disc, which was destroyed on Prehistoric Earth." (Salem's eyes widen with shock.) "After listening to an audio recording, I took it upon myself to bring the Disc to the Autobots."