Chapter 49: Bringing to Light

En başından başla

"I see, I see. Nice to know you two had some fun out there. Anything else juicy?" However, before anything else could be said, a purple blob was launched into Kaminari's face, covering everything but his mouth.

Mineta swam to the group and said, "Dude, just lay off for now. You can ask him later when things are not so serious."

"How are you not curious too? Spending an entire month on the run with your girlfriend must have had plenty of glorious moments that people our age would kill to experience!"

"Time and place, man."

After a groan Denki stated, "Fine, sometime later. Now get this off me!"

Minoru proceeded to take off the sticky ball from his friend's face then place it back into his head. The latter took his leave with a grunt.

Mashirao said, "I was going to say something to Izuku-kun's defense until I saw you making yourself over this way, Minoru-kun."

"Izuku-kun has been through a lot. He doesn't need to be nagged right now."

Ojiro crossed his arms as he said, "You're still curious, though, too, huh?"

Mineta turned away and cleared his throat, "Immensely, but there are bigger things to worry about now."

Midoriya rose slightly and said, "Thanks Minoru-kun."

The grape hero gave a thumbs up without looking back and proceeded to swim away after.

"Gotta say, it's weird to see him be the mature one here," Ojiro stated while rubbing the back of his head.

"Just gives you an idea of how crazy Japan is right now. I'm sure it was a shock to see it all as you left to go get me back here."

"Yeah, it's like it's a warzone out there."

Izuku then saw Tenya come out of the changing room. He proceeded to make his way to where Shoto was soaking, and the two began conversing. Midoriya then stood up and went to lean on the back of the pool before asking, "So what have you been wanting to ask me?"

A bit startled, Ojiro answered, "Oh, uh, basically just a toned-down version of what those two want to know. I don't want to know anything 'spicy,' just what it was like out there for you two overall. It can't have been easy, and I am just worried if everything is okay with your relationship." He then waved one of his hands back and forth, stating, "Uh, no hard feelings if you don't want to talk about it."

Izuku appreciated his concern, but still, he wanted to set something straight. "There's not much to say really on us getting intimate. I was so focused on my objective that there was no time for us; it was all strictly business out there." Sure there was her bathing him, but that was really the only instance, one he wasn't comfortable discussing with even his good friend. "I'm surprised Tooru was so tolerant of me for being so cold to her for so long." Midoriya recalled how they interacted multiple times, only for minutes later to regret how he was treating Hagakure but not having the courage to correct himself. She deserved so much better.

"Did she voice her concerns about how you were acting?"

"No, but I knew it bothered her. It's making me feel terrible just thinking how I was acting."

"Explains why she cried the way she did, once you said you wanted to come back."

Izuku couldn't fathom why his girlfriend hadn't been more vocal about what was happening back then. But as Tooru explained his notebook and eventually let her emotions show, he knew she had kept such feelings to herself. Had she been more vocal and fought back to his decision, he wonders if he would have just left on his own as she feared he would? Midoriya didn't like to think about that. "It was understandable. She kept it all in for so long for my sake despite her suffering."