Chapter 7: Leo Valdez and the gate crashers

"Wolf's blood?" Percy exclaimed incredulously.

Leo was dumbfounded by hearing Reyna's dream. Apparently, a day ago, when the hunters were camping near Nevada, Reyna got a dream from Lupa talking about the tacos filled with wolf's blood and her going to camp Jupiter because they are waiting for her.

"Well yeah, that's what Lupa told me in my dreams" Reyna sighed "Even though I'm a hunter now, I think Lupa could connect with me and my Roman aspect of me. That's why it became a bit easier to connect with me rather than my sisters of hunters"

"Yeah, it makes sense" Annabeth kept nodding; Leo was sure Annabeth was already mapping a solution to the problem. He would too if he knew what the Hades was going on.

"What did Lupa say?" Frank inquired patiently, though his face seemed exactly the opposite.

"Nothing, just wolf blood. Camp Jupiter, the quest is waiting for you. Then she bared her teeth as she found something amusing about the whole thing." Reyna sighed in frustration.

"Quest, yes, that's it! We need a quest!" Piper stood up suddenly and ran into the barracks to bring something.

A few minutes later, she was back dragging and begging the red-feathered harpy to speak to them.

----X----

"So, Ella, is there any prophecy regarding this lycanthrope?" Piper asked

"Lycanthrope, a delusion that one has become a wolf. Lycans have complete control over their transformation. Transformation is a general term for..."

"Ella, no. Lycanthrope, wolf's blood," Annabeth answered patiently.

Then she nodded quickly and glanced at Reyna. She started shaking wildly and started reciting

"Gather the allies and head to the east

Walk through the horde of the taco feast

Warn the people of God through the priest

You should seek wolf's blood from the beast

The curse can only be lifted by a Weast"

"Weast, Weast is a common..."

Hazel gently stopped Ella from ranting her ears off. They all looked at each other. That was a prophecy all right, Leo thought. Few lines are straight enough, like going to the east and making allies might be getting together with hunters and demigods. But other lines bounced off his head. Unless there's a big Mardi Gras party gonna happen at the Marietta Plaza, he sure as hell doesn't know what that means.

There's no point in contemplating things just between us. Let's gather all the senators and speak about it in the Senate room," Frank said.

In this case, Leo agreed with Frank. Leo has never been in the Senate room, but he has heard stories of how crazy the meeting would turn with each of their own tangents. The job was mostly done by Octavian, but now that he's not around, Leo wondered what drama would be unfolding before them in the Senate room.

----X-----

"Good evening, everyone. We're sorry to gather everyone on short notice," Frank started, but there was a huge commotion at the back. Seeing Reyna in hunter form made all the laeries restless. Leo could understand why though. Though every Roman descendant of Romans accepted the Greek gods and their effects, the Laeries were quite uncomfortable with the changes. Reyna just nodded to everyone and looked ahead.

"Are you nervous being in this room again?" Leo asked

"No, it's just new sitting on this side of the room. What are you thinking? I heard about it. How are you now?"