Chapter 1: Leo bids his farewell

I never really knew that she could dance like this

She makes a man wants to speak Spanish

Come see llama Bonita

Mi casa, Su casa

"Hey Leo, what are you doing at this god-awful hour?" Jo came inside, rubbing her eyes to see the clock. The sun has not even come up and the last of the crickets have been croaking, slowly fading into the background.

"I'm making breakfast for Mamacita!" Leo said with much enthusiasm that he rarely shows this early.

"At 3 AM? Are you nuts Leo, and how many times have I told you that? Stop calling your girlfriend Mamacita, it's not respectful!"

"Sorry, mom, it's just that... it's been more than two months since I've seen Calypso. I'm so excited to see her!"

Jo just smiled and ruffled his hair. "I know son, I've seen you mooning over her picture watching outside your window daily."

"I did not!"

"Did too!"

"No! I did not!"

-----X------

The kitchen was at the corner of the giant hall, a part of. The large cathedral-like hall was at the top of the ramp. Overhead curved a barreled ceiling of wood carvings, with glowing stained-glass panels in the center creating green and gold geometric designs. At the far end of the room, the rose window from outside cast dartboard-line shadows across the painted cement floor. To the left and right there were raised walkways with wrought-iron railings, and elegant Victorian lampposts lined the walls.

In one corner of the main room gleamed a chef's kitchen spacious enough to host several celebrity cook-offs at once. The wall is lined with racks of spices, dried herbs, and pickled jars. There are chairs and stools gathered on the island, where everyone argues a lot, rather than just talk. The platform is messy but it's Leo's favorite place as it feels right at home.

Leo slept all morning on the Island, waiting for Calypso. Leo Valdez didn't have luck in love. At first, he tried to flirt with girls at school when he was in the foster home, but they just gave him a weird look. Then there was the wild school. Sorry the wilderness school, Leo tried to talk to the girls there. However, they just giggled and whispered sweet nothings about him to each other. Though he was thankful he had friends like Piper and Jason.

There came the snow queen, Khione, to whom Leo had given his heart at first sight. She had returned the favor by trampling over it with her icy spikes. Then there was Hazel, sweet and lovely Hazel. Although he didn't mean to, nor did he want to, he was immediately drawn to the way she gave him attention. Oh, the drama between the three was really not worth it. Even now he sometimes feels like scolding himself for the tension that was created between those three. Well, when he learned she was his great-grandfather's sweetheart, he immediately got his head out of the clouds.

Now his Mamacita, Calypso. He literally blasted into nothing to bring her back to the world. He loved her to infinity; she was the first girl that gave a shit about him. Sure, at first, she thought her luck was so rotten that the gods sent Leo as a joke. Then they fought for some time, they kept quiet for a few days, and but the attraction was undeniable.

Now though, Leo sighed thinking about the past few months. He really didn't want another fight with his darling. Calypso took in all she could after returning to the normal world, with as much enthusiasm as she could muster. Those 6 months that they got delayed were actually because Calypso had been enjoying a bit too much. Leo had to pester her a lot before she decided to come back to camp half-blood.