♫︎ - 4

July 23th, 2023

------

We soon arrived at the local hospital after we picked Liam up. Niall was finding a parking spot while I was searching my backpack for the keys to the office.

"Hey lou, how were the cupcakes from yesterday?" Liam then suddenly asked me and I gulped.

I'm such a horrible liar and the boys know that, hell this morning I couldn't even lie to Zayn about fricking pancakes!

"Eh- t-they were, delicious?" I cleared my throat, noticing my voice was higher then normal.

Liam looked at me confused and I noticed Niall looking at me through the rearview mirror, his brows furrowed.

"You didn't ate them?" He asked, his head tilted to the side slightly.

Niall sighed. "And you didn't bring me any?"

I chuckled but gained my composure. "I'm sorry li, I gave them away to someone who needed them more then I did." I told Liam and explained the two of them about my encounter with the curly haired boy, who was still running through my mind, may you have wondered.

"Louis is in loveeee." Niall sing sang, delightful with the idea.

Liam smiled. "It's alright lou, don't feel bad. You did a good job. Knowing you you're going back to the park after work then, hm?"

Liam knew me too well because yes, yes I will go back after work.

I nodded. "Yea, he's just... interesting? He's so polite and tries to be positive. I just feel bad he's homeless, never felt this bad for someone being homeless than I do with him, not because I don't care about other homeless people, but it's just, maybe because I feel attached to him, even though it's soon, there is just something about him, you know?"

Niall had now finally parked the car and turned around in his seat. "It's unfortunate he's homeless, maybe we can invite him over at yours sometime? He seems nice from what you're telling. And yea just try to help him where we can without overwhelming him. He must be special if you're interested, you're never this fond about something or someone. " Niall said, shrugging.

Liam seemed to think for a bit. "I think that's up to lou for now, let them get to know each other and just see what walks onto their paths, I mean you just met the boy once."

I nodded in agreement. "Seems like that's the best plan. Liam we got to go now, though. We're gonna be late otherwise."

We shared our goodbyes with Niall who would pick Liam up later, me telling him I would see him tomorrow again.

Liam and I talked for a bit while walking into the hospital, soon parting ways.

"Catch ya later yea mate? Tell me later about how it went with Harry." He smiled and pat my shoulder.

I returned the smile. "Will do, first got to focus on work." I sighed and ran a hand through his hair, messing it up.

"Oi you dipshit! Don't it want to look like I just had, you know-" he scratched the back of his neck, blushing.

I laughed, turning away from him. "With Zayn hm? You two would be cute together, don't you think?" I could hear him gasp and mumble some under his breath.

With that I walked away, up to to the elevator.

I didn't miss the smile on Liam's face when I shot a glance back at him, his cheeks still a light shade of pink as he then turned around and walked away as well, to the other side of the building where he worked.