No, worried wasn't the right word. He was definitely very worried, however there was less of a weight on his shoulders. At least now, he knew what Tsireya thought of his predicament, even though it was less savoury of a reaction than he had hoped. Thinking further, Lo'ak supposed  that would make it easier to figure out a solution; because he would solve this. The first step would probably involve talking to Tsireya, which, unfortunately, he wasn't stellar at. Now that he thought about it, he had to admit that the ending was not Neteyam's fault. It seemed stupid now; being mad at his brother for something he couldn't change. 

Grumbling to himself, Lo'ak rolled over finally, now that the sniffing had died down from his brother's corner. Annoyed at himself for not being able to stay mad longer, Lo'ak managed to fall asleep relatively quickly. 

The next morning, Lo'ak was up earlier than usual; first light was still stretching across the horizon, lighting the water in the distance to molten gold, stretching a light blue blanket into the pool of navy above. Lo'ak moved his gaze across the marui to find Kiri sitting up, weaving something together at the edge of the room, humming to herself. Naturally, Neteyam was already up and standing at the doorway, gazing dramatically over the beach. Lo'ak thought about the next course of action. He decided to casually walk behind Neteyam and pretend to be interested in the light spreading across the sunrise. He didn't want Neteyam to think he was forgiven immediately; because while Lo'ak might not be able to actually hold on to anger for that long, he could definitely let Neteyam think he was, if only out of spite. 

Neteyam started slightly, probably sensing Lo'ak behind him. He didn't turn, and Lo'ak didn't speak, but there was a silent solace in the shared presence of the two. After a time, Neteyam was positively radiating with nervous tension, and Lo'ak turned away to prepare for the day.

In the afternoon, Lo'ak sought out Ao'nung. While it was definitely a risk to seek the person Neteyam or Tsireya would most likely be around, Lo'ak decided to risk it. He needed another opinion.

Finding the chief's son along a walkway reaching over the waves lapping a rocky outcropping, Lo'ak grabbed Ao'nung's arm as he passed. He hissed quietly as Lo'ak touched him, as if his skin was ice.  When he saw who it was, his face softened, if only slightly. 

"What do you want skxawng?" Ao'nung rolled his eyes. 

"I'm so glad we can come up with pet name for each other," Lo'ak started, unable to help himself. "I found the perfect one for you, dic-" Lo'ak was cut off by Ao'nung's eyes widening and an arm pushing him aside. "Hey I'm talk-" 

"Neteyam," Ao'nung called out, looking over Lo'ak's shoulder. Lo'ak hesitated, then turned around. His brother was rounding the corner, a smile quickly fading from his face. Lo'ak went to say something, though he wasn't sure what, when Neteyam spoke first. 

"Oh, I'll see you in a minute Ao'nung, I just have to speak.. to..." Neteyam trailed off before turning around and walking quickly back the other way. Lo'ak sighed dejectedly. He really needed to sort out what he would say to Neteyam if he was going to forgive him sometime soon. 

"So, what did you want?" Ao'nung asked again, purposely avoiding calling Lo'ak anything again. 

"You're Tsireya's brother, right?" Lo'ak began walking, indicating Ao'nung should do the same alongside him. The other boy did, but clearly with much reluctance. 

"Well spotted. Judging by your incredible awareness of that situation, one might wonder why you are talking to me, especially since your brother has been-" this time Lo'ak cut Ao'nung off.

"Right, so, what's she thinking?" Lo'ak asked hurriedly. Ao'nung blinked slightly.

"If you think I'm going to blurt all my sister's feelings just because you asked, without a please might I add, then you need to go back to the forest and find the rest of your common sense, skxawng," Ao'nung added, seemingly not able to help himself this time. Lo'ak pleaded again. 

"Bro, I'm trying to work through my forgiveness for Neteyam, but I can't do that before I get what Tsireya is so mad about." He thought for a second. "Well, I know what she's mad about, but what specifically is bothering her? Because I think my position is really-" Lo'ak groaned when Ao'nung interrupted him again. 

"She isn't mad about your position, she..." Ao'nung sighed, hating himself for revealing this. "She is mainly mad you lied. Well," he paused "she probably isn't jazzed to be caught in a love triangle, but she understands the difficulty you're in. But she's mostly feeling betrayed by you. Go figure." 

Lo'ak seemed to be deep in thought, and then remembered himself. 

"Right, makes sense, I guess." 

"You guess?" Ao'nung asked, disbelieving. 

"No! I mean, yes, that makes sense. I'll figure it out, promise. Sorry, as well, for hurting your sister." 

"I don't know why you're apologising to me, the two people you hurt are currently elsewhere," Ao'nung told him with raised eyebrows. Lo'ak nodded. 

"Right."