▪︎58|Swamp▪︎

Start from the beginning

"I can feel some energy here," Aida suddenly said making us stop in our tracks.

As soon as those words were said, we felt the ground tremble under our feet like an earthquake. It was strong. The ground opened and a bunch of different monsters came out; some flew out, some crawled out...

But what we didn't expect was Camille to stand in front of them while the monsters remained behind her, waiting for her to give the green signal to attack us.

Camille looked different.

She was wearing a black thigh-level short sundress with darker-colored makeup.

"Please don't give me that pathetic disappointed look," She spoke, looking at Dad.

"Why?" Dad simply asked.

She chuckled, "I know, how did the perfect, innocent little assistant become so bad? Right? Well, mister, not gonna lie, it was a pain in the back doing all these masquerades when all I wanted to do was rip your head off and destroy everything you created."

"But why Camille? We looked upon you like our own... why do you wanna harm us?" Dad asked confused.

"You tell everyone that... you looked after me like your own... That wasn't the case when your wife was determined to kill my mother. You told her to go for it while you hugged your son close to you! Did you ever think what would happen to all those children that the Coven Witches had? I wasn't alone... there were at least fifteen of us. Unfortunately, I'm the only one alive. All that because of you!" Camille screeches.

"I- We didn't know that the Coven Witches had children... We were only aware of the fact that they were kidnapping a lot of newborns for sacrifices..." Dad told her.

"They sure did and they will continue to do so..." She said before she shifted her gaze onto me.

My heart dropped.

My baby...

"You, walk forward. Dhalia wants you alone." She stated.

"She is not going anywhere alone," Elijah spoke firmly.

"Sorry little mate, but that's not how it works here. Xena, walk forward alone."

I looked at her skeptically.

"Walk forward alone or watch everyone die... These monsters are waiting for me, one nod from me and they will kill everyone beside you. Be wise," she stated.

"No, she won't," Rio spoke.

"Be wise Xena," Camille ignored him.

"Can't you fucking hear? We said no." Percy stated.

By the look on Camille's face, I know that she would kill them if I don't step forward. We can fight the monsters but there were so many that we would be outnumbered.

I stepped forward.

Camille smirked.

"Xena-" Dad reach to grab my hand.

"I'll be fine," I reassured him.

"Don't trust her," he told me.

"I won't,"

I walked forward until I was a few meters away from her.

"Follow me,"

She turned around and the monsters made a path for us. Glancing at everyone one last time, I followed her into the woods.

Travon's pov:

We watched as she walked with Camille. Once they were at a good distance, the monsters close the path, blocking our view of seeing her. A mist came around and made the forest behind them foggy. We couldn't even see the branches or the trees.

I used my smell to try to pick out her scent but again, I couldn't smell anything besides the swamp.

Fuck.

Elijah abruptly turned around. His eyes kept shifting from his dark emerald green eyes to his normal green eyes. Faded lines of fire would appear on his neck and he was trying so hard to control himself.

I read somewhere that mates get protective toward each other whenever they are in danger or threatened and I also know that they become overly protective when it involves their baby.

Right now Elijah was fighting with himself.

Rio walked to him and patted his shoulder.

"I'm fine," Elijah said lowly.

"We both know that ain't true," Rio pointed out, firmly.

"And we both know that this will not change until I see her again," Elijah added.

"I know,"

"Should we try to sneak behind them?" Delilah suggested.

"You do realize that they just heard you?" Clayton pointed out.

Delilah groaned.

"We won't do anything until Xena is out. They won't attack us until they get the green light from Dhalia, so we should wait." Magnus told us.

"I don't like this waiting game... it always ends up bad anyway," Percy let out.

"Hopefully this one won't, because by the number of monsters present here, we will be outnumbered... the only person who could have stopped them, with the most power among us, is gone on the other side,"

Magnus was no doubt referring to Xena.

"Stop stressing, they can feel it and they will feed off it," Aida told Magnus before looking at Elijah.

"She gave you that necklace, didn't she? Hold it, her magic is inside and it will bring your hellhound comfort..." Aida spoke.

Elijah reached to grab the pendant.

"For now everyone controls their emotions... If you feel anything like fear or stress or anything negative stop it. These monsters will feed off that energy and they will become stronger than they already are... We don't want that."

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah