Chapter 1

It's weird being back at the house that had so much pain in it. Rarely ever happiness, but there was another feeling about the house; it was home. No one can ever change the feeling of being home. "MOMMY! Get down here now please" Jr shouted. I laughed; ever since he turned six he thinks he's a grown up that can demand things from Dimitri and I. "I'm coming! Stop shouting!" I yelled back, heading down the stairs I didn't except to see what I saw. "Taylor? What are you doing?" I asked trying to keep a straight face. Taylor shook his head. "Your husband has taught him a new trick I wasn't excepting. I'm suppose to be his teacher Rose. Dimitri and you have given him enough fighting genes he could graduate tomorrow." Taylor said. "Nice job Jr, you can let Mr. Taylor go now" I said looking at my six year old. Jr let him go "can I go play video games now?" He asked. I nodded and watch him run down the hallway to the game room. I looked behind me and saw Sonny "Go make sure he doesn't play anything he's not suppose to" I said. "Rose the threats are getting worse. I know your son is special and especially since he is only six years old and can take out a fully trained Guardian. But we need to start setting up a system incase the strigoi decide to come after him" Taylor said. "Dante, come here" I yelled. "Yes ma'am?" He said smirking. I shook my head I'm not in a joking matter. "Taylor and you need to go over an escape plan incase the strigoi come after us" I said. They nodded and headed into the 'battle planning area' as what they call it. But really it's just my office. I walked down the hallway to the game room and sat next to Jr and just watched him play he's video games. It was peaceful, no strigoi, bad guy, or anything that could hurt my family at this exact moment. I relished in these moments, because there won't be many more soon. He'll grow up give me hell and a whole bunch of other stuff. But I look forward to that. I love my son and nothing can ever change that. "Rose? Can you come here a moment?" Dante asked. "I'm coming" I said. I walked back to were Dante and Taylor where. "What do you need?" I asked. "Dimitri called. Said he'd be late coming home from work. Also said just to eat without him. He'll see you guys later tonight" Dante said. I nodded and walked to the kitchen. This is the fifth night Dimitri hasn't came home on time. "Sonny can you help me in here please" I asked. "Sure thing. You've been cooking or should I say learning from me for a while now. How come you haven't caught on yet?" He asked giving me a lopsided grin. "Chose your words wisely Sonny. Because if you don't I'll have to show you how a true guardian fights" I said laughing at him. Sonny has became very close to me. If people didn't know who I was and my family, they would of thought Sonny and I were siblings. Baia is a great town, even though Dimitri lost family here. I walked out of the kitchen kind of leaving Sonny doing his thing, to go into the sun room to think. Where is Dimitri? What has he been doing? What's he up to? My thoughts got interrupted when I heard a loud thud outside the house. "Dante, Taylor, get your guns and stakes." I hollered. Within seconds they were by my side. I put my fingure to my lips signaling for them to be quiet "Sonny stop what your doing and take Jr to the 'safe' playroom." I hollered from the sun room. I heard shuffling then a door closing shut and locking. I nodded to Dante and Taylor telling them to get ready and started heading out the back door. "Be quick and quiet. somethings out here. Or at least I heard a loud thud." I whispered to them and watch them separate to go around the house. I picked to follow Taylor, before someone put there hand over my mouth and pulled me into the dark shadows, my cries of help where silenced by the hand.

Okay first chapter of the second book of my story. What do you think? Who is creeping outside the Belikov house? And where is Dimitri? Find out soon... keep reading. Love you all.