94 - wingwoman

Mark was initially skeptical of the idea of an overnight training camp. He thought it was stupid, idiotic, and a waste of time.

Until Axel whispered to him,"it's the only opportunity we're going to have to stay together overnight for the next while."

Then Mark shut his mouth, and told the Nelly and the coach that he was 100% going to be there.

He practically ran home after school. The camp was starting at 6, and he was exhausted. Probably because he had been putting his body through hell for the past week.

He quickly informed his mother about the training camp. Normally his mother would have to bug him about packing the essentials and showering, but Mark had all of that done before deciding to take an hour power nap.

His mother peered into his bedroom to look at Mark splayed across the bed snoring loudly.

"Having a boyfriend is actually seeming to do him good,"she murmured before affectionately throwing a blanket on top of him.

*******

Meanwhile, Axel was at the hospital with his sister.

"I'll be able to come home soon, Axel!"

"I can't wait,"he smiled. "The house is too quiet without you."

His little sister giggled.

"Sorry I can't stay as late with you tonight. I have a training camp to go to. For the big game on Sunday."

"Please can I go, Axel?!"

"I don't know if it's safe-"

"Please?"

He looked into his sisters big brown eyes, and found it incredibly difficult to say no. But he was afraid that she'd be in danger again, especially as Ray Dark seemed to be Zeus' coach now.

"That slime,"Axel muttered.

"What did you say about slime?"Julia innocently asked.

Axel laughed and ruffled her hair. "Nothing. I'll ask your doctor to see if you're well enough to go, ok?"

*******

When Mark arrived at the training camp, everyone else was already there. There were a load of air mattresses on the floor, each labelled with a name of a person on the team.

Nelly came over to Mark and grinned. "I put you and Axel's beds next to each other."

"You're a real one, Nelly,"Mark grinned.

She flipped her hair. "Ugh, I know. I do not get enough credit."

Jack and Todd were pillow fighting. Celia, Jude and Sylvia sighed.

"We spent so long making sure that the pillows were perfect!"Jude sighed.

"Ugh, I know. Sometimes I wonder why we bother,"Celia sighed.

Mark just laughed. "I would join in if my head felt better."

Sylvia narrowed her eyes. "Oh trust me, Mark. We know."

Mark looked sheepish before Axel came up behind him. He hugged him from behind and softly said,"Hey."

Mark blushed. "Hey."

"Ugh, get a room!"Jude playfully rolled his eyes.

"You guys can cook dinner,"Nelly said. "Here, I'll lead you down to the kitchen."

"But you know I can't cook-"Mark started.

"Shut the fuck up!"both Nelly and Axel whispered into each ear.

Mark just went along with it until he was in the school kitchen, except there were candles lit everywhere.

"Isn't this a fire hazard?"Mark asked.

"It's supposed to be romantic."

"Aww."

"Please don't poison everyone, Mark,"Nelly said. "I just wanted to make sure you guys got some alone time."

Axel and Mark both tackled her in a hug.

"Agh! My hair! I spent hours curling it!"she squealed.

"You're a real one, Nelly!"the two boys yelled in unison.

Nelly managed to escape and pat herself down. "Just try not to kill us, alright?"