79- rescue mission

Nathan couldn't believe that he had skipped class for the first time that day, and also ditched school.

"I feel so rebellious!"Nathan said happily.

Nelly's driver laughed. "Being friends with Nelly will have you doing a lot worse than skipping school, boy."

"She's fun!"

"See? I'm nice. Not enough people give me a chance, I swear."

"In all due respect, miss, you are not nice. But that's what I like about you,"the driver grinned.

Nelly seemed happy with that too. Mark had sent Nathan a text that morning not to expect him at school, because his parents forced him to stay home for mental health reasons.

"Damn, the sooner Axel gets back, the better,"Nathan sighed. "I can't stand seeing him like this."

"I'm sure you would've loved Axel to be gone last week."

"I underestimated how much Mark likes him. Or loves him. Whatever,"Nathan crossed his arms.

"Are you ever going to confess how you feel?"

"Preferably no."

"But you'll never get the closure you need then."

"I already have closure. He doesn't like me. Plus, it would hurt him, and our friendship. I like him too much for that,"said Nathan.

"Didn't you have some girl that liked you?"

"How do you know everything?"Nathan facepalmed. "Yes. But I already knew that she liked me. And I avoided her. Who knows if Mark would do the same?"

"Come on! You know Mark! The guy literally has a heart of gold. I don't think he'd view you any differently."

"It's not a good time. Especially seeing as he's so heartbroken."

"It won't be a good time when he's not heartbroken either. Because you don't want to ruin his happiness. Tell him or I'll make you tell him,"Nelly said.

"Oh, come on. You don't need to use your authority against me now! Plus, let's see how today goes first."

"You're not off the hook yet, Nathan,"Nelly narrowed her eyes.

The address that Axel apparently lived at was about 3 hours away, but with the amount of coffee stops, bathroom stops, and other miscellaneous stops that Nelly wanted to take, the journey was closer to four hours.

Nathan didn't really care if he got in trouble with his parents. He just told them that he was going on a school trip today and didn't know when he would be back.

Eventually, they drove into a seaside resort town. It was still quiet, as it was a school day, and not quite close enough to summer yet for the usual summer bustle that a seaside town normally brings.

"This is a nice place,"Nathan remarked.

"It is. I hope it's the right place. We drove a long while to get here. My legs are so cramped!"

"Miss, you went on a leg stretch break about 25 minutes ago-"

"Still!"Nelly exclaimed.

The car pulled into a small street of tropical looking houses, each one having a cute front garden.

"Axel's family apparently live in number 3,"Nelly said. "Will you wait for us?"

Nelly's driver nodded. "Of course. I don't think anybody else will play me as much as you do."

Nelly grinned. "You are right."

When they exited the car, Nathan whispered,"How much do you pay him?"