Comin' Home

Rose's pov

I bolted for her and caught her before she fell completely.

She had a hole in her chest from the bullet.

"Come on Sorry, you gotta get up. It's just a bullet. Walk it off." I said. She just looked at me.

"It was a silver bullet." Someone said. I didn't look to see who it was. I just kept my eyes on Sorry.

"Come on, get up." I said. A tear fell from her eye as she just stared at me. My eyes started to water and a tear fell on her face.

"I'll be ok. Don't worry." She whispered. She smiled then looked up past me and just stared off. She stopped breathing. My eyes went wide.

"No." I just stared at her.

"Sorry don't do that. Wake up." I said. Nothing.

"Sorry, answer me." I said. Tears were streaming down my face. I held her closer to me, hugging her, as I silently cried.

"Sorry, please." I said quietly. I felt Sunny come over and kneel down beside me.

"Rose." He said lightly. He rubbed my back lightly and I just broke down right there. I took in a heavy sigh and looked at him. His eye were full of pain and I could tell he was crying but very lightly.

"He told you to work with us but, you refused." Someone said. I clenched my hand and growled. I laid Sorry down softly and stood up. I turned and looked at him. I let my rage take over me and let my demon side come out fully. My eyes turned red and my wings came out. I turned into my wolf form and stalked toward the person. He was a guard. He was the one who shot her.

I saw the fear flash on his face as I got closer.

"Wait, stop!" He said. I growled.

"You wanna live, hmm?" I said. He just stared at me.

"Too late for that!" I growled angrily and attacked him. I ripped him to pieces. When I finished I growled and turned into my human form. I stared at the now slaughtered man and sighed. Sorry would not have wanted that. I closed my eyes as more tears fell down my cheeks. I fell to my knees and broke down. I hated being like this. But I couldn't help it.

"Shh, don't cry." I heard Sunny's voice. I felt him wrap his arms around me and pull me close. I just buried my face into his chest and cried. He's only seen me like this once. And I had hoped it would have stayed that way.

"Rose, I don't like saying this but, we need to leave. The cops will be here soon." Sunny said. I nodded. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He just stared back.

"Come on. I'll help you to the car." I shook my head.

"Not without Sorry." I said.

"Sides is taking her." He said. I gasped and looked over at Sides.

"Sides!" I said. I knew he was trying to hide it but, he was crying. He was carrying Sorry, holding her close. He looked at me. I got up and ran over and hugged him.

"I'm so sorry." I said. I just heard him take in a deep breath and sigh.

"No, I'm sorry. She was in my care and she still was taken away." He said. I looked at him.

"Sides, it's not your fault. You didn't know. You couldn't have done anything." I said. He didn't say anything.

"I could have tried." He whispered. I stared at him and said nothing. I looked away and let go. I know it's not his fault. I watched him lay Sorry down in the back seat of his alt. I sighed and walked back over to Sunny. He gave a small reassuring smile and I returned it. We walked back over to his car and got in and drove off. I stared out the window and said nothing as we caught up to the others. They were heading toward some random place I had no care as to knowing.