I just walked out of the bathroom and breakfast was sitting there like it always is when we don't have family breakfast.

"So you're telling me you also have slight amnesia" she tilted her head to side. I smiled at that because it was absolutely adorable.

"Yeah I guess so." Then I thought about the moments we shared with each other before I got spelled. I looked down sadly before asking the question that was in my mind. " do you remember our... uh- date?"

"Date?"

It crushed me that she didn't remember.

"Never mind."

"No no um I think so." She said as she looked everywhere but my eyes. "Something about dancing and a picnic?"

I couldn't believe it maybe she wasn't spelled that hard.

"Yeah that's exactly what happened."

She looked down at the water below us.

"In my memory it was like I was there but I wasn't. Like I was just watching everything happen."

I pulled her to my chest as she laid her head on my head.

"It's ok we will get a do over."

She sighed and let go of me.

" I came here to do some thing and I've been distracted this whole time." I felt a pain in my chest as she basically called me a distraction. I didn't like the way this was going. " I don't think I'm ready to date until I do what I came here for."

"What did you come here for?" I asked as I laid my head on her shoulder. I feel like there's enough trust in our relationship, even if we're not together for her to open up to me.

She hummed

"My mother"

Before I could respond I heard my name frantically being called.

"We have to act as if we never woke up" she said

" but I don't have feelings for her..." I started as I looked her in the eyes " I only want you"

She closed her eyes.

"It doesn't matter" pain "there are things in play and right now we have the upper hand. If we show we know then we won't be able to plan under the radar." She cupped my cheeks "everything is going to be ok."

I stared at her before I kissed her.

The warm feeling was back and it felt like everything bad that was happening around me was just a nightmare.

She slowly let go and I could see the conflict in her eyes.

"CASPIAN!" Mal yelled

"Go!" She said as she tried to push me away

"CASPIAN?"

"I will find a way to be with you Penelope." I said as I kissed her again but shorter

"CASPIAN?!?"

"I know you will Princey." She softly smiled at me as I hesitantly swam toward Mal.

I heard splashing around and realized Mal can't swim.

Totally slipped my mind that Penelope said she could.

I swiftly picked her up after taking one last glance to where Penelope was.

She nodded.

"You... you can't swim?" I asked as I put her down on the ground.

"NO!"She basically screamed in my ear

"You live on an island!"

"Yeah, with a barrier around it, remember? Ugh!"

"And you still tried to save me." I asked in awe and with love. Playing my role perfectly although all I was thinking about was Penelope.

"Yeah. And do you thank me? No! All I get is soaking wet!"

"And, uh, this fancy rock. It's yours. Make a wish and throw it back in the lake. What... Uh, Mal... I told you that I loved you. What about you? Do you love me?" Definitely fake. The crystals in the lake give you wishes but why would I tell her that?

"I don't know what love feels like."

"Maybe I can teach you." I told her while mentally throwing up.