Chapter 7: Your Past Condemns You | Part I

Once again we are in the streets of the Capital during a dark night. A person walked calmly through that place, as if he was on patrol.

As the figure passes by the street lights, we see that the individual in question was Seryu, who walked with a serious look on her face while Koro was on her shoulder. The puppy pricks up its ears and starts sniffing the air.

Seryu: What is it, Koro? What are you sniffing? - She asks, stopping to walk and looking at her pet.

Using its tiny paw, the Imperial Arm points to an alleyway just ahead of them while muttering something.

[Insert this soundtrack: Po And Shen/Face To Face - Hans Zimmer from 0:16]

Seryu: Smell of blood?! - She exclaims, before running down the alley.

When the redhead arrives at the alley, she comes face to face with two corpses lying on the ground. One was a man and the other was a woman. One thing the bodies had in common: Both had been decapitated, which made pools of blood spurt across the floor.

Seryu: Damn! We didn't arrive in time to avoid a disaster...! - She exclaims, clenching her fists.

Calming down a bit, the girl looks at the corpses in front of her.

Seryu: Straight cuts to the necks... So the rumors were true... Zank is back in the Capital. - She says, furrowing her brows. Koro growls at the mention of that name.

[End of soundtrack in 0:37]

[Night Raid base; following day]

Tatsumi underwent intense but very helpful training with Bulat to build up his arm strength. Soon after, he helped Akame prepare breakfast, which was... croquettes?!

Well, finally! Our protagonist was even full-bellied, while Leone looked satisfied.

Leone: Ahh... Thanks, Akame! - She says, thanking the red-eyed girl.

Tatsumi: Oh... I can't stand it... - He says weakly, feeling his stomach.

The boy, however, looks at two vases with croquettes in front of two empty chairs.

Tatsumi: Huh? Mine and Sheele still haven't woken up?

Akame: Ah... As usual.

Seizing the opportunity, the swordswoman takes Mine's food and eats it in 3 seconds, doing the same with Sheele's food soon after. When she's finished, she casually wipes her mouth with a washcloth, as if nothing has happened.

Leone and Tatsumi were baffled.

Tatsumi: You realize how fast you eat, right?! This is bad for your health!

Akame: Tatsumi... - She says, getting up - ...Let's make tuna fritters for lunch!

Tatsumi: Akame is a danger... - He mutters as Sheele walks into the room, rubbing her eyes.

Sheele: Huh?! Hey, where is my breakfast? - The purple-haired with glasses asks, confused.

Outside...

Najenda was in the mountains, wearing a coat with the Night Raid symbol on the back. She was kneeling down to look at a member of the Revolutionary Army, a man who was badly wounded, close to death.